By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 review thread

NiKKoM said:

I hate to admit it.. xD but with selnor spamming this much crysis 2 threads I'm gonna get it.. reviews are good.. game looks awesome and with the people from timesplitters working on the multiplayer it seems like a great game.

You're not the only one he has affected. I've noticed at least two other guys here on VGC plus myself who got so impressed by these videos that they're getting it.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

Machinima and Gamezone definitively say Crysis 2 is the new benchmark.

Gamezone not said anything near and Machinima said "PC Becnmark nothing about consoles.

Dont be silly. Machinima are talking about all 3. Gamero is who I meant.

"The PC version (that we saw played across three monitors) is absolutely incredible, the new benchmark in game graphics, and the fact it works so effectively on consoles is pretty staggering."

Sorry... Machinima are talking about PC version.

And please, can you provide me a link to Gamero/Gamespro review?

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/218564/review-crysis-2/

They don't actually mention anything in the way of graphics that's not typical for a review. They do say that the PC version is clearly more detailed and that the PS3 and 360 versions are "virtually identical", but nothing in the way of "console benchmark" or "best on consoles".

So where Selnor found this part:

selnor said:

Gamespro says

Crysis 2 is an astounding technical achievement. It’s one of the best-looking games ever, and it knows how to bring the spectacle. Its single-player provides a playground for the joyous nanosuit powers, although some buggy AI and generic aliens keep the campaign from soaring as high as it could have. The multiplayer, meanwhile, is a fantastic buffet of playstyles that rewards the creative player

I have no idea.

joystiq said this is the best looking game on consoles? where? :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

like i said, he has big problems to understand a text like it's meant.

M.U.G.E.N said:

Admit that you're a little sad today though. Now that we don't have to envy your side anymore. At least not when it comes to graphically beautiful shooters.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Admit that you're a little sad today though. Now that we don't have to envy your side anymore. At least not when it comes to graphically beautiful shooters.

So you were envious for the last 2 and a half years?

I am glad Crysis 2 released already.

You guys care way to much about this shit. Just play your damn game and be happy.     

mantlepiecek said:
Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Yes of course.

The sales battle is by far the most important but the graphics battle is a big deal too!

Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

? :P dude you take this console war thing way waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously...

and not sad at all..I've said this about crysis 2 from the moment they started showing it..looks to me like one of the most boring bland games ever! NY? Aliens? Invading? Futuristic? no effing way!

you do seem to be happy tho :P at least that's good I guess

and again I ask, where did Joystiq say this is the best looking console game? :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

mantlepiecek said:
Slimebeast said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I am glad Crysis 2 released already.

If he was envious he'd have bought a PS3 surely?  Perhaps he genuinely hopes conversation might be more than just about graphics in the future, which is all the most hardent Sony fans seemed to really care about since Killzone2/Uncharted 2 was released.  I actually used to like debate when it was about things people might actually base purchasing decisions on such as features, value for money, quality, diverse and unique software for example. 

I'm certainly glad Crysis 2 has been released now though, it gives me chance to play through it before Gears 3, Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3 and probably Assassins Creed 3.