By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Homefront sells 375k day one in NA

Despite some rough reviews for Homefront (including our own) and a nasty dip in stock price (it's still down), things aren't all frowny face in THQ Land. Homefront already had the distinction of being the most pre-ordered title in THQ history and now, just one day after launch, THQ is trumpeting "robust" first day North American sales of approximately 375,000 units.

Of course, nothing says "successful multiplayer game" like a server boost, and THQ core games veep Danny Bilson is happy to note as much. "Due to the strong and growing demand for Homefront's multiplayer, we continue to add dedicated server capacity," Bilson said in a press release. Bilson's boss, CEO Brian Farrell, added, "We are delighted with first day sales for Homefront and are already fulfilling re-orders for the game from multiple retailers." $20 says that two of those retailers are Walmart and Amazon.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/16/homefront-first-day-sales-robust-server-capacity-being-added/

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Not too bad for the first day. Looks like the numbers on the Pre-Order Charts were a bit too low.

Around the Network

Outsold Killzone 3! Wow i am surprised!

I would have never expected that. It's the most surprising thing of the year but it will be second if UC3 outsells Gears 3. I will throw my pants off the window if that happens

dsage01 said:

I would have never expected that. It's the most surprising thing of the year but it will be second if UC3 outsells Gears 3. I will throw my pants off the window if that happens

isnt that with both systems? Remember killzone 3 is only on one.

It already has a price drop to around $41.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

radiantshadow92 said:
dsage01 said:

True .. but really? Homefront vs Killzone 3 ... I doubt many expected, even multiplat, homefront would do this. It'll do 600k first week WW likely.

More than Bulletstorm as well.

Around the Network
dsage01 said:

Lol, rather a random. Someone needs to hold him to that

Seece said:
radiantshadow92 said:
dsage01 said:

True .. but really? Homefront vs Killzone 3 ... I doubt many expected, even multiplat, homefront would do this. It'll do 600k first week WW likely.

More than Bulletstorm as well.

It basically started at 42 bucks though, that has to put a small damper on the numbers right?

I paid $57 for my copy, when did amazon lower price, i had it pre-ordered with them...

If this is a sale price im fine with that just wondering.

Btw this game deserves the sales its getting, it is a NEW IP too, please dont be like the major review sites and give into the pressure, check this game out for yourself before believing the reviews.

s1lverFoX said:

I paid $57 for my copy, when did amazon lower price, i had it pre-ordered with them...

If this is a sale price im fine with that just wondering.

Btw this game deserves the sales its getting, it is a NEW IP too, please dont be like the major review sites and give into the pressure, check this game out for yourself before believing the reviews.

ill def. rent it =p....like i do every game. Except exceptionall ones. 

wow ill say im suprised but good for thq they need more hits.