By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Homefront sells 375k day one in NA

This game deserves the sales. Not sure about the single player but I have friends who love the online play.

How bad could it be with dedicated servers? 

Around the Network
PublicEnemy said:

This game deserves the sales. Not sure about the single player but I have friends who love the online play.

Its awesome online and I'm going to keep telling people and saying it until they give it a try. Its not the most polished game graphically but who cares because its super fun. I just hope that it gets the sales that it needs to get Homefront 2 developed and I hope that Kaos gets some help from a top studio to polish it up and make not only an awesome multiplayer game (which they know how to do), but an amazing looking game and a great sp.

tuscaniman said:
PublicEnemy said:

Its awesome online and I'm going to keep telling people and saying it until they give it a try. Its not the most polished game graphically but who cares because its super fun. I just hope that it gets the sales that it needs to get Homefront 2 developed and I hope that Kaos gets some help from a top studio to polish it up and make not only an awesome multiplayer game (which they know how to do), but an amazing looking game and a great sp.

Sounds good man! I'm getting it as soon as I get enough money!

Seece said:
radiantshadow92 said:
dsage01 said:

Outsold Killzone 3! Wow i am surprised!

I would have never expected that. It's the most surprising thing of the year but it will be second if UC3 outsells Gears 3. I will throw my pants off the window if that happens

isnt that with both systems? Remember killzone 3 is only on one.

True .. but really? Homefront vs Killzone 3 ... I doubt many expected, even multiplat, homefront would do this. It'll do 600k first week WW likely.

More than Bulletstorm as well.

In Americas? I think most people would have predicted multiplat Homefront to outdo KZ3, at least until the shite reviews started rolling in, and then it was a bit too late for FW sales to be affected. I think lifetime sales will be lower than what THQ hoped for. Then again KZ3 might be the same.

If Bulletstorm had released this week instead of KZ3 week it woulda done 600K week 1 WW or thereabouts. Shows what being the only significant new release does for sales even for a merely average game

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

RolStoppable said:

Once again it shows that marketing has much more influence on game sales than Metascores.

especially with these. From what I have heard from people who played it, it is really very good. Metacritic reviews have been skewed for the opposite it seems

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Although those sales are very good, they aren't good enough.

The game had a mighty budget and THQ's expectations are really high.

That's why great reviews were imperative.

they want 2 million to get even, they should do it from this start

AussieGecko said:
Boutros said:

Although those sales are very good, they aren't good enough.

The game had a mighty budget and THQ's expectations are really high.

That's why great reviews were imperative.

they want 2 million to get even, they should do it from this start

So how do you explain THQ's stock dropping?

Boutros said:

So how do you explain THQ's stock dropping?

Reviews presumably, THQ said themselves from memory they want to create AAA games, the reviews wont help that, but I also think its a little deeper than we will ever know I think. Someone is stodging the results. 

The shareholders will be keeping a close eye on proceedings me thinks and if it sells their stock will go back up. 

MonstaMack said:

I'm gonna go with SHIPPED. This game is already $42 on Amazon.com and Wal-Mart.com. You don't lower your price that low unless your game bombed, which I think it did. Maybe they shipped 1 million for the 360? *shrugs*

A THQ spokesperson confirmed to IndustryGamers, "Amazon and Wal-Mart.com have raised the prices back up... it was a one day play to gain market share on the biggest title in the industry right now. THQ did not support this in any way shape or form."

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/homefront-is-biggest-title-in-the-industry-says-thq/

M.U.G.E.N said:

It already has a price drop to around $41.

What retailers? The lowest I've seen it at was $54.99