By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's subpoena to obtain information on George's Hotz's PayPal account

LivingMetal said:
thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:

Go consumer rights. Glad to see in CA corporations still rule. Hopefully after our economic woes that will change. We'll see. Can't wait for the end of this case and I hope consumers come out on top.

Yep.  I'm glad someone is "fighting for my rights" for less cheaters via hacks.  I want to enjoy my games, not get frustrated by those who cannot play by the rules.

Oh this law suit is about hacking on the psn? really? Were does it mention that? This lawsuit is about what you can do with property you purchased.

My consumers' rights says that I should get what I paid for when I fork out $60 for a game and not have some yahoo ruin the experience by utilizing "tools" in negative ways that were not meant for said purchased game.  You first mentioned "consumer rights," and I'm stick up for mines.

I know tell me about it, so you think sony would go after those hacking the psn wouldn't they? Too bad they haven't yet.

This is true.  But thankfully they are going after the ones that are providing the tools.  I kinda like going after the drug pushers, providing the drugs to the users.  It's not a perfect world, but going after the source is one way to help clean up this mess.

Maybe they should just stop making ps3's than. I would rather go after the the drug manufacturers than the dealers. You know stop it at the source.

Around the Network
thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:

Go consumer rights. Glad to see in CA corporations still rule. Hopefully after our economic woes that will change. We'll see. Can't wait for the end of this case and I hope consumers come out on top.

Yep.  I'm glad someone is "fighting for my rights" for less cheaters via hacks.  I want to enjoy my games, not get frustrated by those who cannot play by the rules.

Oh this law suit is about hacking on the psn? really? Were does it mention that? This lawsuit is about what you can do with property you purchased.

No it's not. Not even a little.

Sony isn't trying to challenge what is considered a consumer's property and what they can do with it. Everytime I enter a Sony vs. Geohot topic here or anywhere else, there is always somebody who is under the false impression of what you buy and legally own when you purchase a PS3. If you, me, or anyone wanted to take a PS3 that we bought and take a baseball bat to it, we can. We own that big brick of plastic and metal that we paid good money for. However, we do not own the software or firmware that runs on that hardware. When we slap down money to buy a PS3, we are purchasing the hardware as well as a license to use the software. The same is true with a PS3 game. When you buy one, you own the disc and the box, but the content on the disc is not yours.

thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:

My consumers' rights says that I should get what I paid for when I fork out $60 for a game and not have some yahoo ruin the experience by utilizing "tools" in negative ways that were not meant for said purchased game.  You first mentioned "consumer rights," and I'm stick up for mines.

I know tell me about it, so you think sony would go after those hacking the psn wouldn't they? Too bad they haven't yet.

This is true.  But thankfully they are going after the ones that are providing the tools.  I kinda like going after the drug pushers, providing the drugs to the users.  It's not a perfect world, but going after the source is one way to help clean up this mess.

Maybe they should just stop making ps3's than. I would rather go after the the drug manufacturers than the dealers. You know stop it at the source.

Stupid Geohot I hope he loses.

LivingMetal said:
thranx said:

Yep.  I'm glad someone is "fighting for my rights" for less cheaters via hacks.  I want to enjoy my games, not get frustrated by those who (cannot) dont choose to play by the rules.

Just a bit of a fix fer ya

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
The latest court documents obtained by PSX-SCENE reveal that the subpoena for information on Geohot's PayPal account may be limited only to parties who sent money and reside in California and only funds that were sent prior to the legal fund donations.

I'm save! *turns on his PS3 again*

I really wonder how any previous paypal payments could be relevant to their case

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:

The PS3 isnt the 'drug', its the plant the drug comes from. the plant will be there none the less, its people who choose to exploit it, to make drugs.

if you burn all the drug plants on the planet, someone like geohotz will just exploit something else.

so basically, people like geohotz will always exploit what they can, the PS3 is a legal device. geohotz facilitated people with the ability to illigally exploit the hard work of game developers.

Looks like Sony is still kicking ass and taking names in courts...keep it up !

Who the hell would donate money to Geohot when there are actual causes to support that don't involve ripping open network security and creating a hacking menace?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

LivingMetal said:
thranx said:
LivingMetal said:
thranx said:

My consumers' rights says that I should get what I paid for when I fork out $60 for a game and not have some yahoo ruin the experience by utilizing "tools" in negative ways that were not meant for said purchased game.  You first mentioned "consumer rights," and I'm sticking up for mine.