By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Carmack: "PS3 Better Than Anything... Except 360"

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

I remeber when I used to be like this. LOL.

I recently realised after playing GT5 and Killzone 3, that there is really nothing in it. If any of you bothered to actually play all the games you would realise both the 360 and PS3 are near identical. Fanboys on either side ( myslef included in the past ) just see more rose tinted for 1 side.

Ive played so many hours on Reach I couldnt care for any other graphics on that game. The game has me hooked. For GMEPLAY reasons.

The KING has returned and with him comes a reasonable response!

Welcome back ol' friend!

I wouldn't call saying GT5 and Killzone 3 having nothing in it reasonable, GT5 with few exceptions looks better than every racing game released this gen. and Killzone is currently the graphics "king" on consoles, maybe he shoud explain what he meant?

but he is right about there not being a MASSIVE difference between the ps3 and 360, and that Halo Reach has absolutely addicting gameplay....

Around the Network

Hi guys. ^

This whole graphics better thing is really silly.

I played alot of games while my internet was down. And it made me realise that gaming is what iit is.

The 360 and PS3 hold so similar catalogs it just depends what franchises you love.

Do I still love games to look great? Of course. Do I care if one game has 10 pixels more. Hell no. If we were comparing 2 consoles which had hugely different end results then I would care. But they dont.

Am I still an Xbox head? Yes. But i matured as a gamer the last 6 months. I think the VGC break did me good.

:))))

goforgold said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

I recently realised after playing GT5 and Killzone 3, that there is really nothing in it. If any of you bothered to actually play all the games you would realise both the 360 and PS3 are near identical. Fanboys on either side ( myslef included in the past ) just see more rose tinted for 1 side.

Ive played so many hours on Reach I couldnt care for any other graphics on that game. The game has me hooked. For GMEPLAY reasons.

Welcome back ol' friend!

I wouldn't call saying GT5 and Killzone 3 having nothing in it reasonable, GT5 with few exceptions looks better than every racing game released this gen. and Killzone is currently the graphics "king" on consoles, maybe he shoud explain what he meant?

but he is right about there not being a MASSIVE difference between the ps3 and 360, and that Halo Reach has absolutely addicting gameplay....

I'm not gonna get drawn into it, but theres ups and down sin every game. GT5, KZ3, Alan Wake etc etc. Ive noticed alot of trickery in all games. Clever stuff.

But it's the experience for me.

PC developer prefers PC like console. I'm guessing 4A, GSC, Larian Studios and Reality Pump would probably agree with him. While I'm sure that CS1, Quantic Dream, Insomniac and Nippon Ichi would probably disagree. It's how the world works.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

selnor said:
goforgold said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

Welcome back ol' friend!

I'm not gonna get drawn into it, but theres ups and down sin every game. GT5, KZ3, Alan Wake etc etc. Ive noticed alot of trickery in all games. Clever stuff.

very much true

fair enough.

Around the Network

Off topic: is anyone else disappointed with the Crysis 2 demo. I expected A LOT more out of this, it can barely match Call of Duty in graphics and that gameplay is incredibly buggy, anyone know what version this is?

Awesome

It's just that simple.

trasharmdsister12 said:
selnor said:

Hats off to you sir. I'm glad you got to enjoy games in a new-found and more mature way. I know I said it before but it's good to have you back.

i'm agree!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Nsanity said:
snfr said:

So the PS3 version of Rage will look inferior, I'm calling it!

Anyway, nothing against his opinion. I guess many developers favour one console, and there is nothing wrong with it.
Although I think he should have given a reason why he prefers the 360...

Thanks

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

sorry but its been proven that ps3 has a more powerful hardrive and has any game ever got close to uncharted graphics?