pbroy said:

Me like it sohard

* stares at avatar * 

don't you tease me, girl :)

* looks at profile *

oh trap! :(

Around the Network

He was talking about the hardware... 

Hardware wise, Zune cant compare to iPod, Software wise, iTunes cant compare to Zune. 

Clever advertising? Push up demand/sales by creating a 'Get it while you can' scenario.

Garnett said:

Hardware wise, Zune cant compare to iPod, Software wise, iTunes cant compare to Zune. 

Hardware wise, Zune HD compares to Ipod touch from 2009 very well. Unfortunatly the new Itouch based on Iphone 4 demolishes the zune HD.

Garnett said:

Not if you include software apps.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

I do not really know much about the Zune player but I have a Windows Phone 7 and that has Zune enabled the SamSung Omnia has a pretty good speaker and damn fine headphones so I am a happy bunny. I particularly like Zune Pass and am one of those folks making Microsoft happy.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

The problem with Microsoft in the phone/portable environment is all about image; they just can't seem to shake that consumer perception of their brand as wheezing, old grandpa struggling to appear fresh and relevant against the cool kids (Apple, etc).

Sure, Zune HD was slightly better than an iPod Touch, but it takes an actual game-changer to overcome brand heritage.

wholikeswood said:

The problem with Microsoft in the phone/portable environment is all about image; they just can't seem to shake that consumer perception of their brand as wheezing, old grandpa struggling to appear fresh and relevant against the cool kids (Apple, etc).

Sure, Zune HD was slightly better than an iPod Touch, but it takes an actual game-changer to overcome brand heritage.

The difference between Apple and Microsoft today is that Apple is able to advance new concepts in a saleable format. Microsoft has been developing a mobile OS and tablets for over a decade, and what have they accomplished? Very little. That is a huge problem.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Baalzamon said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
disolitude said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
disolitude said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I have one and it is a piece of crap. iPods are not better either. Mp3 Players that require you to use a software to put songs and videos into it are mediocre.

Yeah ok... Just cause you're lazy to sync your mp3 player its crap...gotcha.

Who do you think you are to call me lazy? You can't make changes to your Zune inventory from any computer, you hook up your Zune to another computer and it won't recognize it at all neither can you insert anything to it, the video formats are so limited. I have seen cheaper mp3 players that do better than these pieces of crap.

You don't know what you're talking about. You can sync the zune with any computer that has zune software installed. Doesn't have to be your own computer or account. The player will assume a guest relationship with the computer and whatever songs you want to transfer on to the zune you can.

The only complaint you can have is that they are still software based syncs and not pure drag and drop like portable hard drives. However Zune software and Itunes do a lot more than sync your devices. They sort songs, donwload artwork, download band bios...etc. So its a decent trade off.

If that is something you can't live with (having to use zune/itunes to sync) and you're willing to use second rate hardware and user interface (like the Archos devices) as well as lose those sorting/databse features only so you can have non software based plug and play...power to you.

It isn't like every computer has the Zune software. If a friend of yours brought you a CD or has some songs in his laptop you cannot put that stuff inside your Zune and play it on the go because you would have to download that software to his laptop.

My sister's ex used to have an mp3 player that allowed him to insert the device to any computer where it would appear as a Removable Disk to which you could put anything. It even played Avi videos and it cost less than $60.

If you prefer some fancy graphics of interfaces over features, connectivity and accesibility, well power to you. I need my players to play my songs and videos, not look cute.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5124534_sync-zune-windows-media-player.html

Don't tell me your friggin friend doesn't have Windows Media Player either...

That does not work for me. Either you need to have Windows 7 or the Zune software already installed to use Windows Media Player as a mediator between your computer and the Zune. I recently reinstalled my Windows XP OS and I haven't downloaded the Zune software so I have just tried this out. No matter how many work-arounds you guys try to find for the Zune, the fact is that there are cheaper mp3 players that are easier to manage than the Zune and in my opinion this made the Zune and iPod a waste of money and a bad purchase.

And you have not right to call my friend a "friggin" friend. Learn to show some respect. How would you feel if I answered you: "I don't know, ask your friggin mother"? Learn to behave.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Baalzamon said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
disolitude said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
disolitude said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I have one and it is a piece of crap. iPods are not better either. Mp3 Players that require you to use a software to put songs and videos into it are mediocre.

Yeah ok... Just cause you're lazy to sync your mp3 player its crap...gotcha.

Who do you think you are to call me lazy? You can't make changes to your Zune inventory from any computer, you hook up your Zune to another computer and it won't recognize it at all neither can you insert anything to it, the video formats are so limited. I have seen cheaper mp3 players that do better than these pieces of crap.

You don't know what you're talking about. You can sync the zune with any computer that has zune software installed. Doesn't have to be your own computer or account. The player will assume a guest relationship with the computer and whatever songs you want to transfer on to the zune you can.

The only complaint you can have is that they are still software based syncs and not pure drag and drop like portable hard drives. However Zune software and Itunes do a lot more than sync your devices. They sort songs, donwload artwork, download band bios...etc. So its a decent trade off.

If that is something you can't live with (having to use zune/itunes to sync) and you're willing to use second rate hardware and user interface (like the Archos devices) as well as lose those sorting/databse features only so you can have non software based plug and play...power to you.

It isn't like every computer has the Zune software. If a friend of yours brought you a CD or has some songs in his laptop you cannot put that stuff inside your Zune and play it on the go because you would have to download that software to his laptop.

My sister's ex used to have an mp3 player that allowed him to insert the device to any computer where it would appear as a Removable Disk to which you could put anything. It even played Avi videos and it cost less than $60.

If you prefer some fancy graphics of interfaces over features, connectivity and accesibility, well power to you. I need my players to play my songs and videos, not look cute.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5124534_sync-zune-windows-media-player.html

Don't tell me your friggin friend doesn't have Windows Media Player either...

That does not work for me. Either you need to have Windows 7 or the Zune software already installed to use Windows Media Player as a mediator between your computer and the Zune. I recently reinstalled my Windows XP OS and I haven't downloaded the Zune software so I have just tried this out. No matter how many work-arounds you guys try to find for the Zune, the fact is that there are cheaper mp3 players that are easier to manage than the Zune and in my opinion this made the Zune and iPod a waste of money and a bad purchase.

And you have not right to call my friend a "friggin" friend. Learn to show some respect. How would you feel if I answered you: "I don't know, ask your friggin mother"? Learn to behave.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1