By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Religion Do You Follow?

What Religion Do You Follow?

Islam 15 7.89%

Christianity 50 26.32%

Hinduism 2 1.05%

Sikhism 1 0.53%

Buddhism 2 1.05%

I don't follow a religion 120 63.16%

Total:190

i follow Jesus Christ and everything that is written in the holy bible.

Around the Network

I don't follow any religion, but my wife's grandpa leads a Buddhist temple, so I get involved a lot in rituals, festivals and stuff. It's quite interesting.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Atheist here.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I believed in them all but none of them have given me the promised wealth and virgins :(

Still an Agnostic/Atheist.   Still consider Daoism and Buddhism when I get sick of the mateial world.

Around the Network

Christianity here - the biggest,the best, most spreaded religion in the human history !!!!!

Chairman-Mao said:
ManusJustus said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Christianity. I'm going to leave it at that and not get into a discussion over beliefs. This site is way to dominated by atheists to have a decent religious topic. 

We are building a Creationist theme park in Kentucky.  Maybe you could meet some people there who share your beliefs, while you ride the Jonah Fish Submarine or Noah's Log Flume.

Serioulsy though, I grew up in a very religious family with preacher grandparents, so I know a lot about religion.  Thats why I'm an atheist.

LMAO Noah's Log Flume sounds fun! 

I don't mind atheists like yourself, because being born into a Christian family you must know a fair bit about Christianity, the bible, etc and actually made your own educated decision to become atheist. Most atheists (generalization) are just idiots who cherry pick bible quotes that make Christianity sound bad without knowing their context or meaning and those are the types of idiots who I don't even bother arguing with. 

Edit: Oh and I'm Protestant, not Catholic. Most people probably don't realize there is a huge difference between the two even though they're both under the umbrella of Christianity. 

Yes, for example Protestants stopped hunting "witches" AFTER Catholics. And they killed more of them despite starting a lot later.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Chairman-Mao said:

Most atheists (generalization) are just idiots who cherry pick bible quotes that make Christianity sound bad without knowing their context or meaning and those are the types of idiots who I don't even bother arguing with.

Atheists in general are very good and intelligent people, and they tend to be more very productive members of soceity (for instance, about 90% of phycists are atheist).  Last I checked they were barely behind Jews and Hindus in earning power in America, but many people who consider themself ethnically Jewish aren't really religious and many Hindus are Indian doctors who can easily move to America.

However, I'd imagine that many atheists have a chip on our shoulder because of religion, just as I do.  Until I was an adult, I had to go to church twice a week, could only be friends outside of school with "good Christians," and so forth.  I'd say that a lot of atheist posters on here who upset you are sitting in the pew with their families on Sunday, just as I had to.

I would say non-religious. I don't think I enjoy having the atheist label anymore. Atheism seems to be increasingly becoming a dogmatic rejection of a god, as opposed to just the disbelief in a god.

Recently I have found that the more I read and listen to atheists who have that dogmatic attitude, the more I feel repulsed about falling under the same banner as them. More of them seem to be heading that way every day. Some of them just come across as though their primary goal in life is to prove that no god exists to theists and to insult religion. A few of them do this to the point that they're like religious preachers on the street (ironic).

Or maybe I've just been spending too much time listening to trolls on Youtube lol.

So yeah, I don't have a religion, I don't believe in any gods, but I wouldn't say it's a dogmatic rejection a god, it's just that I don't believe in one.

I'm an occasional practitioner of Tarvuism.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3