By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Religion Do You Follow?

What Religion Do You Follow?

Islam 15 7.89%

Christianity 50 26.32%

Hinduism 2 1.05%

Sikhism 1 0.53%

Buddhism 2 1.05%

I don't follow a religion 120 63.16%

Total:190

Christianity. I'm going to leave it at that and not get into a discussion over beliefs. This site is way to dominated by atheists to have a decent religious topic. 

Around the Network

What about Judaism, Mormonism, Scientology, Animism, etc?

Chairman-Mao said:

Christianity. I'm going to leave it at that and not get into a discussion over beliefs. This site is way to dominated by atheists to have a decent religious topic. 

We are building a Creationist theme park in Kentucky.  Maybe you could meet some people there who share your beliefs, while you ride the Jonah Fish Submarine or Noah's Log Flume.

Serioulsy though, I grew up in a very religious family with preacher grandparents, so I know a lot about religion.  Thats why I'm an atheist.

ManusJustus said:
Chairman-Mao said:

We are building a Creationist theme park in Kentucky.  Maybe you could meet some people there who share your beliefs, while you ride the Jonah Fish Submarine or Noah's Log Flume.

Serioulsy though, I grew up in a very religious family with preacher grandparents, so I know a lot about religion.  Thats why I'm an atheist.

LMAO Noah's Log Flume sounds fun! 

I don't mind atheists like yourself, because being born into a Christian family you must know a fair bit about Christianity, the bible, etc and actually made your own educated decision to become atheist. Most atheists (generalization) are just idiots who cherry pick bible quotes that make Christianity sound bad without knowing their context or meaning and those are the types of idiots who I don't even bother arguing with. 

Edit: Oh and I'm Protestant, not Catholic. Most people probably don't realize there is a huge difference between the two even though they're both under the umbrella of Christianity. 

Atheist here.

Around the Network

@Chairman-mao

Really? Because I'm pretty sure many Christians cherry pick bible quotes to make Christianity look good. If you're going to follow a religion, you might as well read the entire book, the good and the bad. And no, a lot of atheists are born into religious families, that's whyagod many of them have a falling out with their parents and are highly educated and literate on the subject of religion. 

Well right now I am in limbo, no pun intended.  I use to be a Latter-day Saint ( Mormon) but as of now I am just doing some personal searching to see what I truly believe. 

sapphi_snake said:
Mr Khan said:

Used to be Catholic, but i don't know what i believe in now, frankly.

I suggest you believe in Oprah. I heard she gives her followers free cars.

Dang it!  I knew I picked the wrong religion.  Oh well maybe in my next life there will be an Oprah for me to follow.

Well I was loosely raised as a Catholic, as both my parents were. But I've come to find it hard to believe in any religion, though that's not to say I don't believe in a higher power. I just have my own ideas of what that higher power is, and I do not believe it his a human-like form with "thoughts" and feelings per se, but rather a sort of "force" (no not like Star Wars :P) or a higher set of laws constantly in motion, like gravity, that humanity cannot grasp. So I guess you can all me an agnostic, because unlike athiests, I do believe there is some sort of higher power beyond our reasoning which guides us in some way shape or form, and we are not the end-all be-all.

pfft...why follow someone elses when you can make your own. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur