By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Buttons don't work in IE9

Nope...still doesn't work with IE9 official build. Win 7 64 bit...

I'm loving IE9, so please fix it VGchartz!

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

I use Opera. A few extensions that it has that aren't available on FF or Chrome make all the difference in my browsing experience.

Also the final build of IE9 is launching tonight ( 9 PM PST which is 12:00 AM EST for me, which is in 2 hours).

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/14/internet-explorer-9-launches-tonight-weve-got-your-early-look/

Maybe that'll fix it.

wow engadget is weird 

I have been having these problems since the beta... so hopefully this version does fix it. I perfer IE. Its not just VGC has issues on the sims3 site as well.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

disolitude said:

Nope...still doesn't work with IE9 official build. Win 7 64 bit...

I'm loving IE9, so please fix it VGchartz!

wait it released? I thought we still had RC

Only RC is on Microsoft.com.au 's download page

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

@aussie

If buttons were working I'd qote your comment...but they are NOT!

Go to http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/

You should find the official release there.

goddog said:
Homeroids said:
Squilliam said:

The post/quote/edit buttons all don't seem to work when I use IE9. Could someone please fix this?

Its a pain in the butt to use Firefox ATM because it's crashing on me.

Try Chrome. I used FF all the time and my mate, a web dev swore by Chrome. It is rather brisk and stable.

pffft opera is where its at. no need for the google mothership to have more info on me then they already have ;)

while i do think that opera is a good browser and has never gotten the credit it deserved, i just wanted to point out that chrome doesnt send any info back to google (other than bug reports, which are default disabled). if it did, you could change it so that it didnt pretty easy.

open source = change anything about the browser that you want to change

Around the Network
cory.ok said:
goddog said:
Homeroids said:
Squilliam said:

The post/quote/edit buttons all don't seem to work when I use IE9. Could someone please fix this?

Its a pain in the butt to use Firefox ATM because it's crashing on me.

Try Chrome. I used FF all the time and my mate, a web dev swore by Chrome. It is rather brisk and stable.

pffft opera is where its at. no need for the google mothership to have more info on me then they already have ;)

while i do think that opera is a good browser and has never gotten the credit it deserved, i just wanted to point out that chrome doesnt send any info back to google (other than bug reports, which are default disabled). if it did, you could change it so that it didnt pretty easy.

open source = change anything about the browser that you want to change

i was being sarcastic

the old Redmond mothership/cult of mac ect

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Still on XP, so no IE9 for me.

But as somebody that dabbles in web development, I use IE, FF and Chrome.  And, to be honest, I really don't see enough of a difference in them to swear by one and demean the others.  They all get the job done better in various ways.

But, since I'm on XP, I use Chrome mostly because its the fastest on my aging OS.

Hopefully they get this site working well enough on IE9 soon.  Website owners and developers can't ignore IE ever.

chrome is my browser now. its easy to use and clean layout then the blocky IE layout which takes an minute to load. I have turned my whole family to the side of the chrome and will remain that way until something better is given. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Soleron said:
cory.ok said:

if firefox isnt working right, you can always go get chrome, it'll not only work, but its also has way more functionality than any other browser and is the fastest webbrowser out right now

The truth is that IE9, FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari are all pretty similar in performance and features right now. I don't think you can make a compelling argument that Chrome is 'just better' than anything else.

I originally had a jocular argument here, but I actually can present a very compelling argument.

When you close tabs in Chrome, the sizes of the other tabs take a small amount of time to update, allowing you to close multiple tabs without moving your mouse. This one tiny feature is the biggest saver I've found in a browser since tabs and is, by itself, enough to warrant making the switch.

Also, quicker by a small margin, and less of a ram hog than FF

im using Firefox's nightly builds. No issues here.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453