By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Buttons don't work in IE9

Darth Tigris said:

Still on XP, so no IE9 for me.

But as somebody that dabbles in web development, I use IE, FF and Chrome.  And, to be honest, I really don't see enough of a difference in them to swear by one and demean the others.  They all get the job done better in various ways.

But, since I'm on XP, I use Chrome mostly because its the fastest on my aging OS.

Hopefully they get this site working well enough on IE9 soon.  Website owners and developers can't ignore IE ever.

huh?! you see no difference between everything else and different ie versions? thats suprising

many websites have to include if ie tags for a secondary css because ie makes it look different/run slower if it doesnt get a lot of its own code.

and btw, its only getting easier to ignore ie, theyve went from ~85% market share to ~25% in the last eight years, thats getting easier, a lot easier, just about everyone and their grandmother wants people to stop using older versions of ie, even microsoft

Around the Network
cory.ok said:
Darth Tigris said:

and btw, its only getting easier to ignore ie, theyve went from ~85% market share to ~25% in the last eight years, thats getting easier, a lot easier, just about everyone and their grandmother wants people to stop using older versions of ie, even microsoft

That  figure may well be IE6's market share, but IE only very recently dropped below 50%

Usage share of browsers for February 2011
SourceInternet
Explorer
FirefoxChromeSafariOpera
[Note 1]
Mobile
browser
Unknown
Net Applications 56.77% 21.74% 10.93% 6.36% 3.47% 3.88%  
StatCounter 45.44% 30.37% 16.54% 5.08% 2.00% 4.45%  
W3Counter 40.2% 30.5% 15.2% 6.0% 2.0%   6.1%
Wikimedia 41.66% 27.63% 12.58% 9.22% 4.23% 6.8%
[Note 2]

Median 43.55% 29.00% 13.89% 6.18% 2.74% 4.45%

It is happening to me, I have good news though I have apparently find out what it is

XML HTTP. Apparently a javascript thing. It is not just this site that has been affected. Hopefully either Java or Ms lifts their game

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

You can reply but you cannot Edit or Quote. Again you can only reply if you press enter at the end of your sentence before hitting the reply button. The main page gamerconnet hot topics you cannot right click open new tab on a topic but you can right click on open last page if it has enough replies. You cannot click back into the part you have written you have to use the cursor key to go back and edit the text. All annoying and I am sure all fixable.

I would imagine the problems can be easily resolved for IE but that would take effort. I am happy using IE9 so will continue to use it. If the site makes it easier for me to navigate then great otherwise I will just restrict my usage of the site no skin of my nose or anyone elses tbh. The other issue of course is I do not have access to other browsers I use but I do have access to IE9 on all of them currently.

On the last note I guess the majority of people here will use other browsers it really depends on who you want to cater for with your site. Is it business users or gamers or even both I suspect both.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.