By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Naughty Dog: Uncharted 2 train level and collapsing building will “look like child’s play”

Senior Editor Nicole Kline and I are right now at the Naughty Dog Panel, “The Making of an Announcement – Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception“. We got to see part two of the 2-Player Productions and Naughty Dog collaboration detailing how Uncharted 3 came to be revealed. After the credits roll, a slight tease plays where a developer talks about how they’re taking players to new environments and situations they haven’t seen before. At the end, he proclaims the infamous train level and collapsing building segment shown at E3 will look like “child’s play” compared to what’s in the new game.

That’s a pretty bold statement considering how big those moments were in 2009. The team clearly gets across they’re under a lot of pressure in the video, so hopefully they’ll deliver when Uncharted 3 releases on the PlayStaiton 3 November 11.

http://www.warpzoned.com/?p=4267

Wouldn't expect any less from Naughty Dog

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

*wipes tears from eyes*

Thank you OP. Thank you - you made my day.

Dr.Grass said:

*wipes tears from eyes*

Thank you OP. Thank you - you made my day.

You should be thanking Naughty Dog! 

One of the Best Devs on the planet no doubt.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

We'll see then, I suppose. I did enjoy the train level (sans the boss fight) quite a lot.

Okay.

That is a big claim, Naughty Dog. Here's hoping you can pull it off.

Around the Network

That train level was sooo amazing. At the end they said and others in the industry that it was very hard to code. Getting the physics of moving/running on a speedy train. Love to see how they raise the bar. I want to avoid all news on this game but i just can't. Drake dawn's with deception on 11.1.11 

Why do I have to wait until November!!!

That sounds great.

I especially loved the collapsing building, so if they deliver something even better than that it would be amazing.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Attoyou said:

Wouldn't expect any less from Naughty Dog

Exactly this!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I just laughed when I read that. Jeeeeeeeez. They can't do anymore of this hyping, cause I fear it may take me to a point where no matter how good U3 is I may still be disappointed! Ahhhh stop it ND. I'm getting all antsy in my pantsy. Can't wait for 11/1/11!!!