By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Help graf_chokolo Fight Sony!

Help graf_chokolo Fight Sony!

I Understand This is About Consumer Rights! 37 48.68%

I Don't Understand What This is About. 39 51.32%

Total:76
Damnyouall said:

That's right, geohot started hacking PS3 before the slim model without Linux was released! That bastard! Oh wait, it was the other way around.

("The more you know".)

And? The slim model was never said to have the feature of linux, so your point of paid for features fails.

("The more you know".)

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:

Exactly. The paid-for features include hacking, pirating and....oh wait.

Who's pirating here?!?

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:
naruball said:

The only thing 99% of those who have homebrew care about. The other 1% are a people from Sony downloading the same ps3 games again and again from torrent sites just to blame those who with jaibreak . It's a conspiracy!

So you are saying this guy is downloading PS3 games? 

No, I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is that most people claim that this whole mess is about Linux, when it's clearly not just about that. I don't know what this guy is doing and my comment was not directed at him.

dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Who's pirating here?!?

People who downloaded from geohotz website?  Who else?

Damnyouall said:
Porcupine_I said:
Damnyouall said:
Porcupine_I said:

the sad thing is, that your post will be ignored!

the hackers repaeted their mantra of "bringing back other OS" so many times that they forgot it was one of them who actually had to brag about hacking the PS3, so sony felt it was better to remove it.

Not at all, I did commend Sony for their awesome strategy of removing Linux from PS3 when they introduced the slim model, and then retroactively from all models.

Damnyouall said:

BTW, Sony was obvioulsy right to disable Linux, because that way they successfully kept PS3 from being hacked, and the Slims that never had Linux in the first place are also completely unhackable. Just thought I should mentions this, because you have to give credit where credit is due!

of course, you just fail to mention that geohot was the reason they did it in the first place.

That's right, geohot started hacking PS3 before the slim model without Linux was released! That bastard! Oh wait, it was the other way around.

("The more you know".)

what does that have to do with anything?

Next thing you tell me the saint he is also worked on bringing back the region lock, that sony removed so viciously from the PS2 days?

fact of the matter is, he actually USED the other OS feature to hack the PS3 in the first place, so he obviously didn't own a slim but a phat. but he also had to go public, and publish what he did.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:

Why are we talking about this in a choco thread?

And fyi Geohotz firmware blocked pirates. But good try

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

mantlepiecek said:
dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Who's pirating here?!?

Ignoring the fact that this statement makes no sense in general, how does it apply to the topic at hand and this thread in specific?

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Why are we talking about this in a choco thread?

And fyi Geohotz firmware blocked pirates. But good try

Yeah which was easily broken. Geo-hotz was responsible for it. But good try from you too.

discussing in this thread made me curious about something.

maybe someone can answer this question even if it is a bit off topic:

How many of these custom firmwares that are out there brought linux back ?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

He should just join Geohotz and the other hackers to form a counter-suit against Sony.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*