By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Help graf_chokolo Fight Sony!

Help graf_chokolo Fight Sony!

I Understand This is About Consumer Rights! 37 48.68%

I Don't Understand What This is About. 39 51.32%

Total:76
Damnyouall said:
mantlepiecek said:
dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Exactly. The paid-for features include hacking, pirating and....oh wait.

Who's pirating here?!?

People who downloaded from geohotz website?  Who else?

Ignoring the fact that this statement makes no sense in general, how does it apply to the topic at hand and this thread in specific?

*Sigh*

Why was chocolo arrested again?

Around the Network
Damnyouall said:
dsister said:

What exactly did this guy do to deserve being sued/getting this hate?

He dared to work on a way to re-enable Linux. Which clearly makes him worse than Hitler.

This comment is full of win!

I wonder, if this guy got his door busted for working on re-enabling Linux, what would they do to an actual pirate? Nuke him?

forest-spirit said:
Damnyouall said:
dsister said:

What exactly did this guy do to deserve being sued/getting this hate?

He dared to work on a way to re-enable Linux. Which clearly makes him worse than Hitler.

This comment is full of win!

I wonder, if this guy got his door busted for working on re-enabling Linux, what would they do to an actual pirate? Nuke him?

yes so that chocolate guy re enabled linux for thousands of people for free, how kind of him. if thats the case look at what he did wrong, he posted it on the internet. and that could have helped hackers.......

now go look at the devs, this isnt about the ps3 being unhackable its about the devs, the devs work their asses off, then their games get flamed by critics because their not activision and they cant bribe reviewers, and they get bad sales. without the devs we are nothing. every gamer should be suporting the fight against piracy.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Porcupine_I said:

discussing in this thread made me curious about something.

maybe someone can answer this question even if it is a bit off topic:

How many of these custom firmwares that are out there brought linux back ?

Any and all that support homebrew... so all of them

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

mantlepiecek said:

Yeah which was easily broken. Geo-hotz was responsible for it. But good try from you too.

So because Geohotz firmware was cracked to play back-ups it was his fault?

So that must mean because Sony's OS was cracked to load cfw it must all be their fault. Following your logic

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Yeah which was easily broken. Geo-hotz was responsible for it. But good try from you too.

So that must mean because Sony's OS was cracked to load cfw it must all be their fault. Following your logic

Sony's OS was cracked 4 years after release. And they have the rights to it.

Geohotz's firmware, first of all, is a breach because he doesn't own the firmware nor can he change it. Thats minus 1. Next up, it was cracked mere weeks after releasing it onto the public, that's minus 2.

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that it was Sony's OS though, people usually end up thinking they own everything they pay for.

Who is this "Geohotz" you keep mentioning? I demand to know!

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

there of so many vids on youtube where people downloaded the firmware off geohots site,and the video shows you can play backed up games, I don't think any cracking of his work was involved.

How to use back up manager with geohot custom firmware is one of the first videos i came across.......

@OT how about the option, i understand and the rat can drown in his debts for all i care

people who would rather donate to him over japan a the moment are pathetic

mantlepiecek said:
Damnyouall said:
mantlepiecek said:
dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Exactly. The paid-for features include hacking, pirating and....oh wait.

Who's pirating here?!?

People who downloaded from geohotz website?  Who else?

Ignoring the fact that this statement makes no sense in general, how does it apply to the topic at hand and this thread in specific?

*Sigh*

Why was chocolo arrested again?

He wasn't. (assuming that by "chocolo" you mean graf_chokolo)

You know, all your posts make you sound like you are slightly ignorant. I hope you correctly chose the "I Don't Understand What This is About." voting option in this thread.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

Sony is right... so I will help Sony.

Fuc* chokolo.