By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Help graf_chokolo Fight Sony!

Help graf_chokolo Fight Sony!

I Understand This is About Consumer Rights! 37 48.68%

I Don't Understand What This is About. 39 51.32%

Total:76
Damnyouall said:
mantlepiecek said:
Damnyouall said:
mantlepiecek said:
dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Exactly. The paid-for features include hacking, pirating and....oh wait.

Who's pirating here?!?

People who downloaded from geohotz website?  Who else?

Ignoring the fact that this statement makes no sense in general, how does it apply to the topic at hand and this thread in specific?

*Sigh*

Why was chocolo arrested again?

He wasn't.

You know, all your post makes you sound like you are slightly ignorant. I hope you correctly chose the "I Don't Understand What This is About." voting option in this thread.

"As reported here, the home of PS3 security researcher Alexander Egorenkov (aka. graf_chokolo) in Germany recently got raided by the police and all his computer equipment and PS3s were seized."

He wasn't arrested, but he was still raided.

And lol @ you calling me ignorant when your poll is this years worst poll ever. What options are there in the poll again?

lmao.

At least I am not being a sarcastic dumbass who doesn't know what he owns and what he doesn't.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:

At least I am not being a sarcastic dumbass who doesn't know what he owns and what he doesn't.

I can't quite follow this leap of logic, but I own all the things that I have purchased. And you, it would seem.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

mantlepiecek said:

Sony's OS was cracked 4 years after release. And they have the rights to it.

Geohotz's firmware, first of all, is a breach because he doesn't own the firmware nor can he change it. Thats minus 1. Next up, it was cracked mere weeks after releasing it onto the public, that's minus 2.

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that it was Sony's OS though, people usually end up thinking they own everything they pay for.

As my buddy Kasz has said. He didn't release Sony's firmware. He released an unsigned codethat modifies it. Very much the same as any old mod for a PC game. You don't see people up in arms about that, do you? And again this thread isn't about two things pirates/geohot.

So because it was cracked in 2 weeks that means he is held responsible for what people do after they modify it???  When's the time limit to when it's the people that actually do its fault?

Once someone refuses the EULA and Sony ceases official support people have the right to go elsewhere for support . And that is exactly what chocoman is doing...

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:

So because it was cracked in 2 weeks that means he is held responsible for what people do after they modify it?

You are one of the few who get it. It's everyone's own responsibility what they do. You can do legal or illegal things.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

badgenome said:

brb, donating to Sony.

Lol I'll be right behind you.

OT:  You can post as many testaments from this guy as you want, but really what's the point? What person would say "Hey, I need donations to bail me out of trouble bc I did a bunch of illegal stuff." Of course the guy is gonna argue he's completely innocent and that Sony's just this big bad evil company. Geohotz did the same thing and every hacker in the hot seat after them will do the same thing as well. You supporters really believe that crap? You know how many people every single day plead innocent who murdered, raped, stole?

Oh, and the poll was one-sided. I didn't vote.

Around the Network

@Pitzy272

If he had done something illegal he would of been arrested.He hasn't...

dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Sony's OS was cracked 4 years after release. And they have the rights to it.

Geohotz's firmware, first of all, is a breach because he doesn't own the firmware nor can he change it. Thats minus 1. Next up, it was cracked mere weeks after releasing it onto the public, that's minus 2.

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that it was Sony's OS though, people usually end up thinking they own everything they pay for.

As my buddy Kasz has said. He didn't release Sony's firmware. He released an unsigned codethat modifies it. Very much the same as any old mod for a PC game. You don't see people up in arms about that, do you? And again this thread isn't about two things pirates/geohot.

So because it was cracked in 2 weeks that means he is held responsible for what people do after they modify it???  When's the time limit to when it's the people that actually do its fault?

Once someone refuses the EULA and Sony ceases official support people have the right to go elsewhere for support . And that is exactly what chocoman is doing...

If people release "mods" for the MAC OS tomorrow, and then announce wordwide who they are, you seriously think they wouldn't be in trouble for it?

The PS3 OS is not a game, its the OS that supports the PS3. If someone refuses the EULA, then they have no rights to the PSN. So trying to get a way around for the PSN is useless.

Its not the duration that matters, what matters is geohotz released something he has no rights to release. A "mod" for an OS he doesn't own, again is illegal, unless the manufacterers are OK with it, and they aren't. And distribution of that is even more ridiculous.

Chocolo has nothing to worry about, after all, he is working for the consumer rights, isn't he? No of users who play on PSN> no. of homebrewers.

Besides lets assume Sony did wrong by removing Other OS. They are already in the court for it. Two wrongs don't make a right anyway, so chocolo is in the court for it too. 

I'm cooking dinner atm, but would ask that you would read up on DMCA, please

mantlepiecek said:

If people release "mods" for the MAC OS tomorrow, and then announce wordwide who they are, you seriously think they wouldn't be in trouble for it?

The PS3 OS is not a game, its the OS that supports the PS3. If someone refuses the EULA, then they have no rights to the PSN. So trying to get a way around for the PSN is useless.

Its not the duration that matters, what matters is geohotz released something he has no rights to release. A "mod" for an OS he doesn't own, again is illegal, unless the manufacterers are OK with it, and they aren't. And distribution of that is even more ridiculous.

Chocolo has nothing to worry about, after all, he is working for the consumer rights, isn't he? No of users who play on PSN> no. of homebrewers.

Besides lets assume Sony did wrong by removing Other OS. They are already in the court for it. Two wrongs don't make a right anyway, so chocolo is in the court for it too. 

1. Don't people release modifications all the time for operating systems? I mean, I download stuff that modifies my system all the time. I know there is a Mac version of rainmaker out.

2. If someone refuses the EULA they lose access to playing new games. Not just PSN. How useful is a PS3 without games?

3. Then why isn't he charged with anything if it's so illega? You'd think he'd somehow be nder arrest if whathe is doing is so illegal

4.Right now I'm not even very sure what he has done. All he has done is release how to get past lvl 2 hypervisor. It all sound interesting actually. Reading this source it says with it he may be able to bring back b/c. Again he hasn't be arrested, just like Geo

dsister said:
mantlepiecek said:

Whatever. I am not that much interested in this stuff.

However, I do know he added fuel to the fire when the court had ordered not to.