By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Feb 2011 Thread (Data in 4 hrs for 4 weeks ending Feb 26)

Congratulations to Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft for an awesome sales month, one of the shortest months of the year. It really surprises me, even if I ignore VGC, since this means both are above YoY. 

Around the Network

25% yoy growth = thats for ps3 revenues isnt it????

Euphoria14 said:

Now I want to know what PS3 hardware was.

~450k

red_dragon said:

Neogaf has

PS3- 450K

Wii- 454K

Holy mother. Serriously, what caused this? HW overall is up immensely and last February was abnormaly good to begin with anyway.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

So is PS3 450K or 360k...that's a big difference.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Holy Hell! What is up with February?

Kinect - $257M

Move - $210M

360 - 535K Hardware

Wii - 454K Hardware

Incredible!

Looks like 450k!

Euphoria14 said:

Holy Hell! What is up with February?

Kinect - $257M

Move - $210M

360 - 535K Hardware

Wii - 454K Hardware

Incredible!

Also wonder if people are getting their tax returns because it was a good month for all.

Just want to play good games

This was defo one of those adjustment months, I can understand the PS3 bump to an extent, but the Wii one doesn't make sense. So all 3 likely got adjusted, it might also explain the weird bumps last february (especially for 360)

Regardless, it's nice when everyone is doing well for once.

I think I gained one moral from this generation. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING, IT ONLY LEADS TO FAILURE. 

Acevil said:

Seriously what the fuck is going on, how did Wii and Ps3 just rebound(okay I can guess ps3, but wii?). First time where all three are undertracked badly, and it looks like Wii isn't dead yet. 

Now think about, I am first to talk shit, don't you think NPD has more explaining to do than VGchartz, there nothing that explain this sudden rise, nothing. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)