By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony wins against LG

NYANKS said:
Immortal said:

This doesn't mean much, does it? I mean, LG is still saying that PS3 infringed upon their patents, right?

I think it means they can't do anything about it now, as Sony won.  LG is even getting fined for impeding Sony's sales per day.

"According to LG, Sony Blu-ray several patents LG violated in the PlayStation 3. This involved not rule, for this interim was the subject of the seizure at LG's PlayStation 3. "

Look at the second sentence. The translation isn't good enough to make sense, but I gather that the subject of this was LG's seizure of the PS3s, not the patent infringement, for which LG could still win something.

I could be wrong, though.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

A english website here =

http://www.gamersmint.com/sony-wins-all-seized-ps3-to-be-returned-and-lg-fined/

"Sony’s won their case against LG and will be getting all their seized PS3’s back.

All 300,000 PS3s will be returned back to Sony and all future PS3 shipments can be let into Europe without any issues or breach of law.

LG will also have to pay 130,000 euros to Sony for the costs of the hearing.

LG will also need to ensure that all seized PS3s are returned to Sony by tomorrow and each day they lose will cost them a fine of 200,000 euros.

This verdict is only regarding the seizure of the console by LG and the fight between the two giants regarding a patent breach will continue."

Immortal said:
NYANKS said:
Immortal said:

This doesn't mean much, does it? I mean, LG is still saying that PS3 infringed upon their patents, right?

I think it means they can't do anything about it now, as Sony won.  LG is even getting fined for impeding Sony's sales per day.

"According to LG, Sony Blu-ray several patents LG violated in the PlayStation 3. This involved not rule, for this interim was the subject of the seizure at LG's PlayStation 3. "

Look at the second sentence. The translation isn't good enough to make sense, but I gather that the subject of this was LG's seizure of the PS3s, not the patent infringement, for which LG could still win something.

I could be wrong, though.

Yeah, the translation is pretty crapply, hard to tell.  I guess we'll see very soon, if Sony still can't move stuff.  I'm gonna say they can now, but I guess we should wait for a better article lol.

EDIT:  English article.  ^^^^

My ps3 just pulled a knife on my LF tv.

NYANKS said:

Yeah, the translation is pretty crapply, hard to tell.  I guess we'll see very soon, if Sony still can't move stuff.  I'm gonna say they can now, but I guess we should wait for a better article lol.

Somebody ninja'd you, xD.

Looks like I was right.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

so the war still continue?come on...

Immortal said:
NYANKS said:

Somebody ninja'd you, xD.

Looks like I was right.

But it says all PS3's can now be moved into Europe and presumably sold without issue.  It seems their patent argument is being ignored where it once wasn't.

NYANKS said:

But it says all PS3's can now be moved into Europe and presumably sold without issue.  It seems their patent argument is being ignored where it once wasn't.

Yeah, but LG can still win the case and have a permanent ban on PS3 sales or something to that effect.

Not gonna happen, but it could, in theory.

the LG vs Sony BluRay lawsuit will start on.... 18 November..... this battle is over but the war has just begon..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Immortal said:
NYANKS said:

Yeah, but LG can still win the case and have a permanent ban on PS3 sales or something to that effect.

Not gonna happen, but it could, in theory.

Hmmm it's possible.  But wasn't PS3 movment initially halted because LG got someone to stop Sony?  You'd think winning this case would only allow Sony to get their stuff back, not to sell it again, as you're claiming that is a separate issue.  Shouldn't the hold still be on then?  Sorry, I'm not really a master or European market law lmao