By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - new Lair pics/vido/info relese date

I dunno about this game... why the hell do the dragons have arms??? Thats kinda weird (imo). I believe that no animal ever has had 6 extremities. Should be interesting to see how this game does. 

edit: besides insects

Around the Network

except the largest group of animals ever: insects. but that's besides the point because dragons aren't real. anyway, this game looks great graphically, i'm just worried there's not gonna be enough variation in gameplay even though they promise there will be in that article.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Kwaad said:
OriGin said:
Narfer said:
shams said:

Looks nice. Pity it only runs at 30fps... what is with that on the PS3 anyway?

I'm waiting to see reviews though before commenting further. Factor 5 (IMO) have a reputation for making games that look lovely - and play like crap. I was really disapointed with both the Star Wars titles on the GC (don't even get me started on Rebel Strike...).

Anyway, its great to see that the PS3 finally gets some more software, and hopefully something worth playing :)

...most experts doubt it...

So do most Nintendo fanboys...

Dont forget the 360 fanboys...

no shiet.

Lair has got nothing but good talk about it. 

ps this "lair" is the alpha build...

euclid said:

I dunno about this game... why the hell do the dragons have arms??? Thats kinda weird (imo). I believe that no animal ever has had 6 extremities. Should be interesting to see how this game does. 

Dude, dragons have always had 6 extremities, not just in this game...

Anyway, the game looks really good and fun, definately gonna buy it ;)

For some reason I can't seem to get excited or even begin 'caring' about this game... it just reminds me FAR too much of the lame movie eRagon.

Not saying it's going to be a bad game or anything like that, but it's certainly not my reason to purchase a PS3 (when someone comes that is I will buy one) this isn't it, and I doubt i'd buy it even if I did own a PS3... it's just a pretty looking game to me....  ehhh :(

EDIT - LoL contradictory much?

Around the Network

Factor 5 has created a number of great games over the past couple of console generations.  And their games on the Nintendo 64 and GameCube rivaled most others for the console.  With that level of talent and the time they've been given, I'm sure Lair will impress most people in the visual and audio departments.  Being their first departure from the Star Wars universe in ages, I am a bit concerned about the game play.  But 'the proof will be in the pudding' soon enough.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

euclid said:

I dunno about this game... why the hell do the dragons have arms??? Thats kinda weird (imo). I believe that no animal ever has had 6 extremities. Should be interesting to see how this game does.

Chinese dragons, english dragons, and and every other dragon that I am aware of has 6. (unless you are refrenceing the sea dragons)

But all dragons have 4legs and 2 wings. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/780/780114/lair-20070412062410119.jpg

That is just... omg. omg omg omg!!! 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

"omg omg omg!!!"

One. Big. Giant. "Meh": 

http://www.gon.se/media/gears_of_war/gears_of_war_i-org_3.jpg

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots/x360/gears_x360_large_2.jpg

http://www.dailygame.net/Articles/media/screens/gearsofwar/gearsofwar_E3-2.jpg 

Same shit, different flies... 

I'm guessing it will be a great game, but I'm holding back my judgement until closer to its release.

I was extremely disappointed by Rebel Strike, and Rogue Squadron 2 wasn't that great either.  They were a couple of the best looking games on the GC...Rebel Strike's ship models were amazing...but the gameplay got boring very quickly.  And the on-land missions were absolute crap.

I have a feeling this game is going to look amazing...absolutely stunning.  But I'm guessing gamers aren't going to remember this game for years...I can see the gameplay getting old...but we'll see.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )