By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (2011 3/5)

HideoK said:
HKN said:

Keep in mind this is just for America's pre-orders. It's 200,000 worldwide.

No it's US only, maybe lots of PC pre orders seeing as you get the onlive console for free.

Yep, that's what I meant to say. US only. 

Wait, American Pre-orders don't include Canada? Thats strange because we have all the same retailers as you, all the Canadian ones were bought by US companies.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
09tarheel said:
Michael-5 said:
jarrod said:
BoneArk said:

I'm kinda surprised there aren't any 3DS games on the list yet.

Yeah, you'd think SSF4 or Nintendogs would've made it by now.  Of course, NOA waiting so long to announce their launch lineup probably didn't help matters.

I'd expect SSF4 to make it next week though, if only due to the pre-order hologram cover.

Prof Layton is also a well established handheld brand, and the biggest launch game for the 3DS. It should be on the chart, I really hope it is next week.

Prof Layton 3DS has not been confirmed for a US release at all. It is definitely not a launch title, so it makes sense that game is not on the chart yet. But I do think it is surprising no 3DS title has made it, I'm expecting SSIV, Nintendogs, and Pilotwings to be there soon.

I did not know that. I assume Layton will eventually see a release outside of Japan, it's a big franchise, but then again, didn't 1/4 DS titles never get localized outside of Japan?

Still SSIV, Nintendogs, Pilotwings, Splinter Cell or even Zelda. Something should be up soon..

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Layton 5 was confirmed for the US (it's Level 5 USA's only announced game so far actually), but we don't have a date yet.  Probably holiday 2011 at the earliest.

Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea I talked to the manager at MS too, couldn't get anything. Best Buy man, customer service is awesome there. They gave me my 360 Arcade HDMI 1 month after my warrenty expired, for free. I had to push a little, but not much. Talked to the floor representative to see if they could offer me a discount, and I was surprised when he gave me a free console. I also forgot to bring a controller that day so, I got an extra one free! Also the Arcade HDMI console came in with built in memory. Only 200MB, but for all my non DLC game saves, it fits.

Oldest PS3 I'll get is the 4USB 80GB. Those were being phased out during the start of 2008, so they aren't that old. I really want a backward compatible one cause my PS2 broke, and one of my friends got ICO. I never played ICO, but loved shadow of the Colossus. I also want to play PS1's Chrono Cross, as Chrono Trigger for SNES is my favorite game ever.

lol about the X-Box, i wish I worked retail at a game store, you get such a discount on games, and you know exactly when sales are.

One reason why I'm certain about re-purchasing a PS3 is because I know PS4 won't arrive until 2013 at earliest, it may not be backward compatible, it's likely to cost $400 or greater, and every god damn first gen playstation or x-box I've ever bought has broken on me. Nintendo is the only company that I would ever get a first gen console from. The only Nintendo product I had break on me was an N64 controller, and that was due to Mario Party 1. If you ever played Mario Party 1, you'll understand that I was physically grinding down the analog stick before it broke. The was plastic dust clogging my analog stick, and it still works, just very very poorly.

Next gen, I'm waiting a good solid 2 years. This gen, each console had basically nothing good for at least a year, and even then it wasn't much. Not until 2008 did the Wii and PS3 really start to built a library, but the 360 had a pretty sweet library by 2007.

Also I'm done with handhelds. $250 for a 3DS, I'd rather get a used PS3 now, and I barely played my DS. I'd rather catch up with all the great DS games, then invest in new ones. Also I have my friends PSP, and game prices are crashing for that handheld.

yea i like it at retail.... it sucked though knowing sales.... I had no money.... hahaha thats where 90% of my games came from.... Hell 15% off em il take that.... it saved me alot of money..... The only 1st gen consoles that still work for me is my wii, gamecube, ps2, ps1...... thats not bad at all..... As for handhelds il waite for NGP price which i know is gonna be expensive.... which sucks...... and yea i waited til 2008 for ps3 cause 2007 sucked with there games...... but yea i told my friends that im not buying any new consoles.... Im gonna build a library with the consoles i have.... I like my psp.... gran turismo was pretty kewl on there.... not much too it though which sucks but hooking it up to your ps3 is awesome... the god of war games are the best ive played on there...... 

PSP has it's share of great games. I already have a big library of games, so when next gen hits I have plenty to play until a PS4 becomes affordable. I own every Nintendo console to date (Literally, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, GB, GB Pocket, Super GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GBA Player, E-Reader, and DS, but no Virtual Boy...) Most of my Nintendo systems I bought at launch, every single one of them works fine. I have a few Sega systems, but none of them were launch, and they work fine. EVERY MS or Sony branded console I have ever owned has broken on me, but to be fair, they were all 1st gen systems.

However, I like PS and XB consoles a lot, so I will get a PS4 or 360 successor, but not until 2015. Long time to wait, but PS2 still sells now, so it's not like come 2013, all software support on the HD consoles will be finished.

Also because DS games are cheap now, I'd rather build a library instead of get a 3DS. Graphics look about the same anyway.

yea agree with you there..... Il someday step up to the new consoles.... i have a few nintendo systems.... my super nintendo broke years ago.... but i got a new one..... nintendo are amazing with there products..... the problem with the ps3 and 360 is there like mini computers, with hardrives and such in them.... so much can go wrong.... but they both had launch problems.... 360 was alot worse.... for a while it was almost 50% failure rating, but im glad they got that figured out..... I love nintendo, there a great company.... 

Nintendo reliability is high because unlike MS, they only lets manufacturers with a good track record produce their systems. MS is american, so they literally hire the cheapest bidder, and I think Sony had to do what they did to bring down costs. It was a $600 console in a time where Blu-Ray wasn't established yet.

BTW, you know all of those RRoD problems original 360 consoles had could have been fixed with a pair of $3 clips? When the motherboard heateds, it begins to sag because it was only clipped on 2 ends instead of all 4 sides. So as a result it becomes displaced from the fan, and circuits begin to fuse together. A pair of $3 clips...

However in corporate terms, 360 profits at first were minimal, so a $3 clip out of $30 profit is 10%... US quality... Nintendo limits production to ensure reliability, and Sony allowed themselves to be in the red for 3 years to ensure a level of reliability, at a good price, but not MS.

Sad thing is MS isn't the worst. Apple, and GM far outquote this..

I have no problem with microsoft, i like em, hey they learn from there mistakes and improve on there products, thats what makes a great company.... my friend just got rrod, but we fixed it with some glue..... for now..... Wii dont have the hard drive that MS and Sony have.... The wii is equivalent to a original xbox spec wise..... So yea there failures are gonna be low, but your right nintendo has always been reliable... I agree with everything you said there.... Hahaha I hate Apple.... 

AWESOM-O said:

I have no problem with microsoft, i like em, hey they learn from there mistakes and improve on there products, thats what makes a great company.... my friend just got rrod, but we fixed it with some glue..... for now..... Wii dont have the hard drive that MS and Sony have.... The wii is equivalent to a original xbox spec wise..... So yea there failures are gonna be low, but your right nintendo has always been reliable... I agree with everything you said there.... Hahaha I hate Apple.... 

$3 clip....$3 clip.... Nintendo would have included it with their console, same with Sony.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:

$3 clip....$3 clip.... Nintendo would have included it with their console, same with Sony.

yeah true to that too..... 3 dollars must be too much for em haha

jarrod said:

Layton 5 was confirmed for the US (it's Level 5 USA's only announced game so far actually), but we don't have a date yet.  Probably holiday 2011 at the earliest.

I think they'll release before Layton 4 than Layton 5, since it should be a new trilogy.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Portal 2 may be in trouble, at least on consoles.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

pezus said:
themanwithnoname said:

Portal 2 may be in trouble, at least on consoles.

It sure as hell won't be in trouble on the PC, guaranteed.

Didn't Portal 1 sell well on XBL and PSN? Sales won't be anywhere near PC sales, but it should still be okay. Depends more on quality.

ONLINE STORE:   
 ==== (  http://www.popbuynow.com ) ====

Happy life happy shopping on our web site there are many and goods,
Hope everyone come take a look. You will get everybody likes, below is my site part of merchandise:

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $15

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $15

New era cap $12

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20

accept paypal and free shipping