By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (2011 3/5)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Dragon Age is in trouble...

Pokemon-3mil Week  confirmed???

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm kinda surprised there aren't any 3DS games on the list yet.

I'm impressed at Pokemon, this game is going to open to almost double Diamond/Pearl numbers. VGC doesn't track older Pokemons, but with a 2.5 million week 1 in Americas, I think it's the biggest, maybe second to Gold/Silver. BGR was a new IP, and Ruby/Sapphire is smaller then Diamond/Pearl.

Also next week, wth? Okay Gears and Zelda are awesome, but then LEGO and BeyBlade? So many good IP's at the bottom of the list. Crysis 2, Okamiden, and L.A. Noire should be higher, and where is Mass Effect 3? I hope next week we see a 3DS title finally, and maybe Mass Effect 3, Forza 4, or Duke Nukem.

LAck of PS3 games, but that is to be expected in Americas.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I hope Mortal Kombat opens big.

Around the Network

I expect pokemon sales to be that huge but im happy/amazed at gears 3..... def so far from launch..... go gears

Pokemon shall destroy everything upon release. It really deserves it, it's probably my new favorite ds game.

CGI-Quality said:
pezus said:
BenVTrigger said:

Pokemon is such a beast and amazing franchise

Gears of War 3 is going to be scary big.  Easily the biggest exclusive launch of the year.

Dragon Age 2 will have a huge launch for an RPG.  Great for Bioware because they've been pumping out some of the greatest RPG's for a long time.

And is it just me or is The Show and MLB2k11 really low this year?  Baseball season is just around the corner I'm shocked to see pre-orders so low.

Bigger than Pokémon??

I was going to address that - Gears 3 will not be the biggest exclusive launch of the year (although it will be one of them). It'll be Pokemon, then Gears 3, Zelda, & Uncharted 3 (unless the Halo: CE Remake rumor is true and then everyone will take a back seat, including Pokemon).

To the topic: Looks like Crysis 2 isn't going to open quite as high as I thought and Pokemon is off the charts!

For the record I was referring to console games not handhelds but yeah like I said Pokemon is freaking crazy huge.

AWESOM-O said:

I expect pokemon sales to be that huge but im happy/amazed at gears 3..... def so far from launch..... go gears

I really think this will be the best selling Gears to date. 7 million lifetime sales at least.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:

I really think this will be the best selling Gears to date. 7 million lifetime sales at least.

Yea there s no way of arguing with that.... I already got mine pre-ordered.... And i got like 3 other friends into gears 2 recently too... The story mode part... Online is gonna be 10x better than the 2nd one....