By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (rumor) Nintendo 3DS flashcard support is a TRAP

This would be so awesome.They should snapshot their faces too right when it happens for our entertainment! Hell, make it a app!

Also, I forgot who brought it up, but you do know Nintendo/Sony/MS make a lot more off software and the royalties than they ever have a console.

Around the Network
dsister said:

So I can have my 3DS bricked for playing back-ups of games own? Not cool, Nintendo :( 

Right... you "back up" games.

In all seriousness, I have no problem with backing games up, but that's really not what flashcards are being used for.

Love and tolerate.

Anyone that claims that they'll lose hardware sales over this is a fool. They'd obvioiusly buy the 3DS, whether they can use flashcards on it or not.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Games4Fun said:

This would be so awesome.They should snapshot their faces too right when it happens for our entertainment! Hell, make it a app!

LOL, I would love to see the expresions of the damn pirates when their 3DS is bricked or just simply banned.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I don't know about the bricking rumour but keeping a log of activity is a smart move. I can see online and wi-fi features being blocked though.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:

Digital distribution only. It's the future.

Do you really believe that? They must have physical media too even though the emphasis is on digital download.

It's too soon for a DD only console and the failure of the PSP Go should have made that clear to everyone, including the people in charge of Microsoft's gaming division.

I think the gen after the next gen we'll see the first DD only consoles.  It's worked great on PC with Steam.  4G is supposed to aim for 100Gbit/s (~12.5 MB/s).  At that speed, downloading a 10GB game takes under 15 minutes.  That's ON YOUR PHONE.  In 4-5 years this will be standard.  Unless ISPs can somehow convince people that it's still reasonable to charge twice the price for 1/10-1/100th the speed on CABLE vs. wireless, home speeds will be even faster.

If they could have disabled all flash cart functionality, don't you think they would have?

I think it's because they had to have DS backwards compatibility in the 3DS; it seems that the flash carts are too similar to actual DS game carts to block one without the other

It would be a legal nightmare for Nintendo, class actions and such. The no trade in is different, and I agree with that, but bricking is going too far.

Kynes said:

It would be a legal nightmare for Nintendo, class actions and such. The no trade in is different, and I agree with that, but bricking is going too far.

How is it going too far? Just look at Sony's case right now or their banning ways. If this is what piracy has lead to, then so be it.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

No matter what I don't think Nintendo would go as far as bricking your console on purpose. There might be other sanctions, but not this.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/