By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: This is what Wii2 will be like/about!?

Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:

Rumor: Bogus.

Idea: Damn stupid.

Seconded, sorry.

It just doesn't seem to make sense, nor be financially viable in any way. And that goes against Nintendo from the start

Thirded

Around the Network

http://vimeo.com/6400072

lol

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:

Seconded, sorry.

It just doesn't seem to make sense, nor be financially viable in any way. And that goes against Nintendo from the start

Didn't the Wii go against Nintendo from the start as well?

RolStoppable said:

WOW, Im not gonna talk about the rumour, but i am going to point out the fallacy in your misunderstanding of Nintendo strategy for the last 5 years.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

i feel like bookmarking this thread just so that if the tech is indeed in the wii 2 i can throw it back into the face of the nintendo fans that currently don't like the idea but undoubtedly will love the idea if nintendo does release it...

Around the Network
robzo100 said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:

Seconded, sorry.

No. It went pro-Nintendo. Pro-innovation and awesome 1st party games. GC was against Nintendo, the Wii was against against Nintendo, so was Nintendo. 

And it sold so well for it

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Sounds horrible.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:

Sounds horrible.

Couldn't have said it any better

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
robzo100 said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:

Seconded, sorry.

No. It went pro-Nintendo. Pro-innovation and awesome 1st party games. GC was against Nintendo, the Wii was against against Nintendo, so was Nintendo. 

And it sold so well for it

The Wii was the first Nintendo game system to go against what Nintendo had done since it's inception into the gaming market.  The original NES was a basic system that touted simple controls and simple game mechanics to boot.

All other systems since then (SNES, Virtual Boy, N64, and Cube) have gotten rid of that (even the hand helds got more buttons).  They got more complex.  If we are looking at what Nintendo has mainly put out in the market then we would have to agree that the Wii and NES are not overall representative of their mission.

Hence the Wii was something new for Nintendo.  There was no way of knowing if it was going to be financially viable because nothing like that had entered the market in forever, and everything else in the market like the PS2 was very financially viable.  It doesn't have to be called luck because it wasn't a fluke coincidence that so many people flocked to style of the simple Wii.  But it was not a standard move for them.

As a side note I can at least agree that it would be more surprising if the other two guys took the Wii route first.

While I don't believe this rumor, the videos are neat and it's a cool idea. Projectors have to come way down in price before any company decides to do this.