By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4. Why so underappreciated?

When a certain party member joins your party the game becomes way too easy.

Around the Network

yea the last boss part was really like wtf! and the trophies r the most ridculous i have ever seen! i want to meet sombody who has a platnium or a perfect gamer score for this game!

Beat this in about 45 hours...and wow it was soo awesome! I like this WAY more than #3

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

I am 21 hours in. I just arrived on Roak. I'm trying to do everything i can before advancing on the story such as collecting monsters data, inventing items, crafting items... Right now i am having more fun than when i played Mass Effect 1, for example. I agree that this game deserves more attention. Can't see anyone who likes anime not enjoying this game.   Battle is so good, and imo better than Final Fantasy XIII. Graphics are not the best but decent. OST is good too. Really liked soundtrack when at Lemuris. Loading is a little annoying but nothing that detracts the fun.

Maybe I'll probably have to buy this, but I guess it has to wait til the summer.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network

its a good game well worth the time and money. i may go back to it soon. one of the best rpg imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I'd rate it at decent for one due to the battle system, and for another due to going in with pretty low expectations after having seen some ridiculously bad cutscenes on youtube (not just bad because of extraordinarily bad voice acting).

Wouldn't waste a praise on story, dialogue or characters even if it were the only JRPG for home consoles.

Honestly, I didn't really like this game.

The characters annoyed me the most. They represent the stereotypes of some awful annoying, unexperienced, plot of personalities who have no facial expressions. The graphics are lame, the story is lame and chlichéd and even the battle system is not able to rescue this game IMO. In addition to that, the Japanese voice acting is as terrible as the English one. But that's just my opinion and I can speak for myself that I don't represent the general opinion of gamers (FXIII is SO MUCH BETTER IMO).

Take a look at my photos on flickr

I liked alot more then FFXIII, hell I have even replayed SO4 once

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

this game >>>>FF13 any day of the week, best JRPG (on the ps3) Imo.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?