By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Results: Best Graphics

mantlepiecek said:
BenVTrigger said:

I've played almost every single big PS3 exclusive. 95% of them don't look any better than the best multi-plats and 360 exclusives.  No way Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted 1 look better than Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake.

The BEST PS3 exclusive games DO look the best this gen.  Killzone 3, God of War 3, and Uncharted 2.  But to say all PS3 games look better than top end multi-plats and 360 exclusives is laughable and biased.

Killzone 2 looks better than all the multiplats.

Maybe castlevania's an exception but even then, that's a pretty good achievement for a game that released in 2009 feb.

Good news is I think gears of war 3 will look very good. It may rival Killzone 3 in terms of graphics because cliffyB said they were going to polish it more (although that may not necessarily mean graphics but still). It definitely rivals Uncharted 2 at least from the screenshots they have given right now, will be good to see when it releases. 

Yeah I would say Killzone 2 is probably better than almost all the multiplats as well.  Though the art style in KZ2 kinda detracts a little from me.  It was all so dark, colorless, and the same type of destroyed city setting the entire time.  With Killzone 3 it looks much better partly due to them changing scenery and bringing in more color.  KZ2 is beautiful though no doubt about it.

And as for Gears of War 3 yeah I agree.  Those new GIF's and gameplay vids were shockingly good, even for the Gears franchise.  The animations and textures were incredible.

Around the Network

Weres NGS2 and Ryu ga Gotoku?

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

and no, there are no games on either xbox or ps3 that look better than 

KZ3, KZ2, Uncharted 2, or God of War 3. 

thats according to reviewers, and tech sites like digital foundry and lense of truth, and my own eyes.

and no multiplat engine like the UE3 will produce graphics to those levels, theres just to many weaknesses to multiplat engines.

The Top15 is the reason why this gen is the best yet

ME2 looks spiffing on 360, and that came out a good year ago. As Mantle said, might take this list with a grain of salt due to the obvious advantage in numbers, no matter which type of thread it is, even if it's "best games", minority will always be outvoted by majority  It's only logical that when you only own a PS3/360, your list will only compile of that certain platform.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

mass effect lacks the level of detail present in games like MGS4, uncharted and killzone. at any given time id say ME has less than 30% the textures those other games do.

ME3 needs to stop copy paste a whole room with the same flooring or walls and add more detail to it, same reason why i wouldnt put dead space (first one, not played second) on the list either.

as for 3rd party games.....if they even tried to use ps3's power like first party studios do then they would have a better chance of competing. MGS4 did this and look at it. when companies make crappy ports, thats when their reputation in graphics goes down.

I didn't expect Gears of War 2 to top Heavy Rain or good old Uncharted: Drake's Fortune which sports superior lighting and anti-aliasing.

Actually I thought most 360 fans last year crowned Mass Effect 2 to be the best looking 360 game... So graphical expectations are higher for Gears of War 3 than Mass Effect 3 now?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

This is hilarious.  You guys are trying to justify Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2 not being on here?  

I still can't believe it....MGS4?  Uncharted 1?  wow... whatever

Either way, this poll is just for fun so it's cool 

Horrorfest said:

Uncharted 2 clearly being overrated, it looks amazing but its just not as good as Killzone 3 or God of War 3, its a fact.

Agreed with the GoW part. Haven't seen KZ3

Jay520 said:
ghaleon1980 said:

Metal Gear Solid 4?  Uncharted 1?  Anyone play these games in the past 2 years?  I have, just wtihin the past month, and I wouldn't even have them close to being in my top 10. 

I was feeling the same way!

GO AND PLAY UNCHARTED AGAIN! Grrrr...

That scene on the island (forgive my vagueness) where you run up to the castle is better than anything in Gears2. Its a stunningly beautiful game.

I agree with MGS4 though. I LOVED the game, but the shadows were bad and its not visually as breathtaking anymore.