By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Teens Kill Child While Acting Out Mortal Kombat

Source

"A teenage girl and her boyfriend have been charged with beating the girl's 7-year-old sister to death while imitating moves from Mortal Kombat.

Heather Trujillo, 16, and her boyfriend Lamar Roberts, 17, were babysitting young Zoe and her 3-year-old twin sisters. According to Trujillo, the two teens began practicing Mortal Kombat moves on Zoe, who later died from blunt force trauma to her brain and central nervous system.

According to the police, Trujillo admitted that she punched Zoe "in the stomach, karate chopped her lower arms, punched and pinched the victim's thighs, kicked her in the shins, slapped her stomach and buttocks and poked at the victim's chest."  Roberts told police that Zoe asked the pair to stop hurting her, but that he didn't because he was drunk.

Trujillo and Roberts are being held on $100,000 bail each, and are being charged as adults."

This is so f'ing stupid. For one this has absolutely nothing to do with videogames and everything to do with underage drinking and obviouse bad parenting. Can't wait to see the Jack Thompson's of the world jump all over this.

Around the Network

lol damn you chunk, i was just about to post this in the VGChartz news.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

What I can't understand is the multiple injuries. There is stupid stuff that everyone might do, but once her wrist was broken or tounge ripped normal people stop (even if drunk). I have a hard time with this story being true with the video game slant. These teen's were out to kill and not going to stop, or the story is bogus.
RabidBunny

I don't recall most of these moves being used in mortal combat

I guess saying FATALITY! is in poor taste.

If they had been playing the SNES version with green blood, this never would've happened.

Seriously though, this is wrong on so many levels.

Around the Network

There are really two things in this story that piss me off.

1. There are going to be a lot of people out there saying that these kids should not be tried as adults. When clearly, even drunk, they stepped way past boundaries of childhood stupidity. You have to really beat a someone to kill them with your hands. I can only imagine how much that child would have been crying and yelling for them to stop and even drunk you will have the intelligence to stop when someone is clearly hurt. They need to be tried as adults for Manslaughter.

2. There are going to be a ton of people whining about violence in the media, especially games. This is just stupid. I loved the MK games and spent a lot of money at the arcade every time a new one came. Got into many an argument about MK vs SF. NEVER did it resort to brawls. There were always 20-30 kids around playing these games and none of us were so engulfed in violence due to the games that we started beating each other up. We always took it out in the games.

Damn I would love to see these kids in prison. It was her sister, she killed her own sister by beating the crap out of her. So freakin' sad. Now this family will lost two children. One to the grave and one to the prison system.

Old...

beaten by over 2 hours too.

I doubt it was all video games - up to a point maybe.

Sad. Yes, they should be tried as adults.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

i've seen a lot about video games and violence of late... and i'm beginning to gain some perspective. while parenting plays the biggest role, video game makers should also show some restraints how much violence is allowed. yes, they are free to develop whatever content they desire, but video games are new medium and with graphics now life-like, standard arguments like "it's just a game" needs to be revisited.

but i'm prepared to take back what i said... since my origin of my logic was from dwindling number of grostesquely violent movies. obviously there's lots of them, but it seems like the ratio is substantially smaller these years. i don't know if it's just because of box office reasons or the movie ratings system being more responsible, but my impression is movie directors push boundaries of what the society can accept with much better rational than video game makers, and it's not just about violence. it's an obvious point, i guess, since it's obvious the talent pool in movie creation is orders of magnitude more available than in the video game industry.

the Wii is an epidemic.

@words, sorry. The search function is not working and I didn't see anything about it already. Plus, I wanted to rant.