By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LG gets injunction against PS3 sales in Europe!?

The best part is that LG requiers to Sony cease and desist from:

"the importation, marketing, advertising, demonstrating, instaling, reparing, distributing, seling"...

Around the Network
Billy Gun said:

"the importation, marketing, advertising, demonstrating, instaling, reparing, distributing, seling"...

The repairing bit is pure shit, it's against the buyers' rights.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I am a fine one to talk, I think Sony is stupid for starting this, and if they indeed lose they need to pay up. I don't mind, it doesn't hurt me. What annoys me is fans who sees it one way, their companies way no matter what. 

psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
heruamon said:
kowenicki said:

forcing?  crappy browser? shoving bing in our faces?   you seem angry...

I was thinking the same think...and OH...I'm sure he is VERY angry...WW Hulk angry...lol.

PS3 was all set to "DOMINATE" in 2011, now it looks like we possibly won't see a price cut...oh-oh!?!?

I am betting the world you care more about PS3 sales than I do. Look at this thread, look who has posted, just the idea of PS3 sales stopping brings in some interesting people. 

You're a fine one to talk :-S and PS3 sales won't stop. You meant the possibility. It's so small though it's not really worth discussing. How much Sony have to pay out will be interesting, it'll have a massive knock on effect. They might not cut the price, completely changes forecasts ... again, possibility.

IF LG ask for royalties, then that makes the PS3 less profitable for Sony. Wish we knew all the figures ..

I am glad you said that. They are two main types of fanboism on this site.

1) Those that support a console but not the companies that make them...Nintendo in grey area because gaming is their only business.

2) Those that worship the company and it is their God.

I am of the first type and try to avoid those of the second type ( they are like religious fanatics, their God can do no wrong).

Should MS financially collaspe tomorrow they are many here that will commit suicide. Sony church followers are no different but with all the bad news they have been getting recently maybe the have tougher skins.

Like you said if Sony screwed up too bad. I like my PS3 and really hope it comes out OK. 

Edit: Shit, got that wrong..what happened there? I was responding to the bold psrock statement. 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Billy Gun said:

The repairing bit is pure shit, it's against the buyers' rights.

Alby_da_Wolf, I agree with you, even the "demonstrating" part seams odd, supose the american commission makes some decision a weak before E3?

AussieGecko said:
Xen said:

Given that the article is dated January 6th 2011, I now expect cheaper and shittier Sony TV's. And the Bravia in our living room was purchased mid 2010, so it's untouched.

Recommended TV's are usually Panasonic/Samsung/Sony/Sharp. Not without a reason.

Even in the title it says resumes, dont troll LG coz they are suing Sony. LG's panels are brilliant, its the rest of it that brings it down. Most Tv's have LG panels that is why they can afford to have less factories as they mainly make profits off panels.

LG panels are meh, end of story. The best you COULD get was Pioneer until they sold Kuro tech to Panasonic, the best you can get today is generally Samsung. LG doesn't stand near any.

Around the Network

This is a so risky move from LG, that reminds me of SCO.

kowenicki said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

M$ backing LG confirmed??? :(

seriously these kind of comments are pretty juvenile.

why bother.

If this situation was MS involved and not Sony's and the comment went, Sony backing LG confirmed????

I bet you would have lol'ed like all hell. I don't even see how it's juvenile.

OT: I really hope they working something out. I don't wanna lose the PS3 and all it's franchises and have to buy a *gulp* 360 *shivers*

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Xen said:

LG panels are meh, end of story. The best you COULD get was Pioneer until they sold Kuro tech to Panasonic, the best you can get today is generally Samsung. LG doesn't stand near any.

I will take a few steps back, turns out the title wasnt as clear as I thought and I have properly read it now... surprised someone didnt pick me up on it tbh.

Turns out they resumed it from a 6 year absence. My bad.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Areym said:

If this situation was MS involved and not Sony's and the comment went, Sony backing LG confirmed????

I bet you would have lol'ed like all hell. I don't even see how it's juvenile.

OT: I really hope they working something out. I don't wanna lose the PS3 and all it's franchises and have to buy a *gulp* 360 *shivers*

It probably has something to do with the whole Ms backing GeoHotz rumour, just because Ms has the money to do it doesnt necessarily mean they would.

As has been stated earlier in this thread, this would kick all 3 consoles' arse if Hotz wins.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

kowenicki said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
heruamon said:
kowenicki said:

forcing?  crappy browser? shoving bing in our faces?   you seem angry...

I was thinking the same think...and OH...I'm sure he is VERY angry...WW Hulk angry...lol.

PS3 was all set to "DOMINATE" in 2011, now it looks like we possibly won't see a price cut...oh-oh!?!?

ugh lol? what dream world are you living in? How many assumptions can one jump to so fast...and ww hulk angry? LOL

anywho guys, it's just 10 days, these type of things will get settled soon enough. Sony fans are getting enough great core exclusives these days to keep us happy and occupied, I'm sure those who wanted to buy a ps3 during the time it's not available will most probably can stick around for a week or so.

Sony has treated the fanbase well with their games, so I hope they do fine and I'm sure they will.

and kowen stop derailing this thread would ya? You brought in something so irrelavant into this. Do you like wait for threads like this to bring in nonsense like this or something? Geez it's not even remotely related

it is relevant...  the EU dont mess around and have showed how they have no respect/fear of large corporations.  The MS example is a fine one to use in this discussion.

Unfortunately, the same holds true for its citizens.