By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LG gets injunction against PS3 sales in Europe!?

fordy said:
Xen said:
fordy said:
Xen said:
fordy said:
Xen said:
irstupid said:
dsage01 said:

sony's a way bigger company than lg either this is fake or if this is true sony's gonna get them back hard!!

if we see a decline in weekly sales i will belive you

sony sued first, so isn't it more like LG is hitting back hard?

lg is a great company that makes great products, also is second largest tv manufacturs in the world, and if i'm not wrong i believe lg had more profits in their division than sony this year.

Their TV's are inferior to Sony's and one of their CD drives thrashed a disc of mine. Not to mention the fact that Sony NEC drives exceed theirs in quality by leaps and margins.

If you want great and very affordable products, buy Samsung/Sharp.

That's interesting, considering Sony is using LCD panels produced by LG:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-01-06/lg-display-resumes-lcd-panel-supplies-for-sony-tvs.html

Given that the article is dated January 6th 2011, I now expect cheaper and shittier Sony TV's. And the Bravia in our living room was purchased mid 2010, so it's untouched.

Recommended TV's are usually Panasonic/Samsung/Sony/Sharp. Not without a reason.

Must be good enough for Sony if they decide to use them, right?

Besides, Samsung has been supplying the larger LCDs to Sony, since Sony refused to follow the rest of the market into flat panel screens, stubbornly hanging on to their Trinitron CRTs. So, why not just get a Samsung?  They designed the panel, so probably have more knowledge of it's limitations. And for MUCH cheaper price than Sony, to boot.

Good enough =/= as good as others.

And Samsung TV's are a good choice (albeit not THAT much cheaper than Sony's)... Sony's screens are  acually theirs - developed in a joint venture with Samsung.

Are we talking about the S-LCDs here? Seems as though Samsung is the primary shareholder in that one (50% 1 share), and calls the shots. Doesn't mean Samsung cannot use them in their own TVs as much as Sony.

Maybe it's just this region, but Sony TVs have generally been A$500 to A$700 more than the two largest, and quite frankly, there is not enough difference in quality to justify that extra expense.

To be honest, I'm a Sharp fan myself. Sony is good, but not my favorite. Also, it's probably your region. The price differences between Samsung and Sony TV's in my country is quite marginal.

Around the Network
Seece said:
psrock said:
heruamon said:
kowenicki said:

forcing?  crappy browser? shoving bing in our faces?   you seem angry...

I was thinking the same think...and OH...I'm sure he is VERY angry...WW Hulk angry...lol.

PS3 was all set to "DOMINATE" in 2011, now it looks like we possibly won't see a price cut...oh-oh!?!?

I am betting the world you care more about PS3 sales than I do. Look at this thread, look who has posted, just the idea of PS3 sales stopping brings in some interesting people. 

You're a fine one to talk :-S and PS3 sales won't stop. You meant the possibility. It's so small though it's not really worth discussing. How much Sony have to pay out will be interesting, it'll have a massive knock on effect. They might not cut the price, completely changes forecasts ... again, possibility.

IF LG ask for royalties, then that makes the PS3 less profitable for Sony. Wish we knew all the figures ..

I am a fine one to talk, I think Sony is stupid for starting this, and if they indeed lose they need to pay up. I don't mind, it doesn't hurt me. What annoys me is fans who sees it one way, their companies way no matter what. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

guys relax i've seen even worse stuff than this before it's just one big crazy drama happens pretty often with these big comapnies people this case is going no where!

kowenicki said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
heruamon said:
kowenicki said:

forcing?  crappy browser? shoving bing in our faces?   you seem angry...

I was thinking the same think...and OH...I'm sure he is VERY angry...WW Hulk angry...lol.

PS3 was all set to "DOMINATE" in 2011, now it looks like we possibly won't see a price cut...oh-oh!?!?

ugh lol? what dream world are you living in? How many assumptions can one jump to so fast...and ww hulk angry? LOL

anywho guys, it's just 10 days, these type of things will get settled soon enough. Sony fans are getting enough great core exclusives these days to keep us happy and occupied, I'm sure those who wanted to buy a ps3 during the time it's not available will most probably can stick around for a week or so.

Sony has treated the fanbase well with their games, so I hope they do fine and I'm sure they will.

and kowen stop derailing this thread would ya? You brought in something so irrelavant into this. Do you like wait for threads like this to bring in nonsense like this or something? Geez it's not even remotely related

it is relevant...  the EU dont mess around and have showed how they have no respect/fear of large corporations.  The MS example is a fine one to use in this discussion.  

oh spare me

you said

"I am still waiting for all those people that applauded the EU for stopping MS bundling IE to come in and defend this decision too....  I might be waiting a while I think."

not what you mentioned above now is it? so again, spare me the bs man. It was not needed in this thread.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Yeah, I'd imagine a settlement is most likely. What amounts to effectively banning the sale of the PS3 would be more than a little extreme for such a case considering how often it usually just involves some kind of payment even if there is no settlement...

What makes this interesting though is that it isn't some patent troll who had no intention or way to ever manufacture the product as is often the case, it's two pretty massive companies fighting it out, which gives it a bit more scope.

VGChartz

Around the Network

so how bad is this?

MediaWorld Italy is currently offering PS3 at 249€ while stocks last, on a 4k stock, two days ago they were still available (while KZ3 standard edition was already sold out, only limited edition with helgan helmet and bundles with PS3 were still available), so anyone in Italy wanting one, hurry up, but it could be too late...

Anyhow, Sony started this little legal war, most probably it will end with a settlement and cross licensing instead of Sony winning about those smartphones as it initially hoped. Luckily for Sony, shit arrived too late to ruin KZ3 launch, haters will be pissed off...   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

''Saldines eatIing sharks'' ,''poetic justice'',''karma'' karma karma kameoooon..' 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

MediaWorld Italy is currently offering PS3 at 249€ while stocks last, on a 4k stock, two days ago they were still available (while KZ3 standard edition was already sold out, only limited edition with helgan helmet and bundles with PS3 were still available), so anyone in Italy wanting one, hurry up, but it could be too late...

Anyhow, Sony started this little legal war, most probably it will end with a settlement and cross licensing instead of Sony winning about those smartphones as it initially hoped. Luckily for Sony, shit arrived too late to ruin KZ3 launch, haters will be pissed off...   

LG koreans hate k3 ...ha ha ha ha ,,ohhh m$  paid for this?...lol

Americant_heroxbox said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

LG koreans hate k3 ...ha ha ha ha ,,ohhh m$  paid for this?...lol

I know Korean consoles are far superior to those amateur boxes Sony, MS and Nintendo flood the markets with, what a shame it's so difficult to find them!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!