By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nikkei: 3DS sold 400k in 1 day

big number, we'll see the same everywhere

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Galaki said:
Acevil said:

Shipment = Sales and the Shipment was just too low. Nintendo needs to learn to stop being conservative. 

I don't think they had time to make enough.

I know that is true, suppliers and production for nintendo isn't the greatest, but still I always think Nintendo could do more, when it comes to supply. 

What do you except?  Them to slave labor Chinese factories to get them produce more?

Still, its good to hear the obsession continues.

Here's some various shipping/sold stats for Japan.

DS: 500,000 shipped. 230,000 sold on first day.
DSi: 200,000 shipped. 170,779 sold in two days.
Wii: 400,000 shipped. 370,000 sold in two days.

PSP: 200,000 shipped. 200,000 sold in two days.
PS3: 81,639 sold in one day.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'm impressed with how many Nintendo shipped. The retail outlets themselves can only handle so many units at a time and there is a limit to the logistics of shipping and distributing of a product as well. For Nintendo to have shipped more would have been foolish and/or impossible (not to mention they need to ensure continous shipemnts through Febuary/March as well). I would say well done Nintendo & 3DS, hopefully this means the 3DS is going to be the monster DS has been in Japan.

Amazing. And a second shipment is already out for you people who said there wasn't enough...

I expect around 500-600k FW in Japan alone. Interesting to see sales figures for Japan NEXT WEEK for the other consoles...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

outlawauron said:
thetonestarr said:
kitler53 said:

looks like a lot of them are already up for resale...

source

Even so, that always happens at any system launch. If a profit can be made, the profiteers jump out.

Trollololol.

xD

How much is Nintendo projecting to ship for the 3DS in it's first year ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Notorius.A.i.G said:

How much is Nintendo projecting to ship for the 3DS in it's first year ?

I remember reading 10 mil WW, but that could just be a random site's prediction...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

kitler53 said:
outlawauron said:
thetonestarr said:
kitler53 said:

looks like a lot of them are already up for resale...

source

Even so, that always happens at any system launch. If a profit can be made, the profiteers jump out.

Trollololol.

xD

What's funnier is that you also got kasz after I posted. xD

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.