By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nikkei: 3DS sold 400k in 1 day

Any news on game sales as well?

Around the Network

3DS is a beast.

I wonder how many they'll get to retailers this quarter.

Edit:

This is conservative?  The only console that managed to ship that much for launch week between all five last gen products was the Wii.

3DS really looks like it will be a sales beast

I thought PSP fw numbers would be higher though

Thats insanity right there... I guess Nintendo will be posting some very good numbers for the last quarter?

Now all they need to do is start selling 5-10M more 3DS's a year combined with the DS higher than what Nintendo peaked at with the DS/GBA combo. I suspect whilst the margins might be the same as the DS, the absolute dollars per unit they make must be extremely good by comparison. Maybe one 3DS is worth 3 DS's sold?

Tease.

i thought they'd ship at least 800k that's dissapointing ngp can have a better firest day than this if they oull it off nicely 

Around the Network

I don’t really believe Nintendo is intentionally creating a shortage ...

One bottleneck that people tend to ignore are the retail stores themselves. While I could be entirely wrong, I highly doubt that retail outlets in Japan could really handle a much larger day-one shipment of systems than this. My thoughts on this are simply based on sales of other systems compared to the inventory most stores carry. At Christmas (in previous years) my local walmart had a display case that was devoted to DS systems that would be full on the day of a shipment and empty before their next shipment, there were multiple shipments a week, and this represented (roughly) 750,000 systems sold in a week (in North America). I'm not sure these stores could handle all the systems that would be required to hit a 1 million system opening day.

kitler53 said:

looks like a lot of them are already up for resale...

source

Even so, that always happens at any system launch. If a profit can be made, the profiteers jump out.

SW-5120-1900-6153

how much do you all think it will sell day one in America?

Good numbers for 3DS.

Wow thats awesome. Fastest selling system ever is coming our way.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey