By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll: How long will it be before Call of Duty burns out?

Poll: How long will it be before Call of Duty burns out?

This year 35 18.42%

2012 (It will die along with everyone else) 28 14.74%

2013 50 26.32%

When Activision closes 8 4.21%

Never 25 13.16%

I just wanna see the results 43 22.63%

Total:189
Jay520 said:
chocoloco said:
Jay520 said:

This, Battlefield 3 is gonna be awesome. Unlike Medal of Honor, I can surely see it taking away sales from COD.

Plus, 2011 looks to have the best holiday lineup of games ever this gen:

• Gears of War 3
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Uncharted 3
  • Battlefield 3
  • Resistance 3
  • Elder Scrolls V
  • Batman Arkham Asylam
  • Twisted Metal
  • Rage
With so many awesome games coming out, I can't see gamers picking up COD8 to the point where it outsells Black Ops.

I am with you on this one about the games being increadible still people though that Reach and Medal of hONOR WOULD HURT cod SALES  this year and it did not come true. COD probably has climaxed sale wise with BOps but I think its sales next year will easily beat each title you have mentioned.

Yeah I know COD will beat all those, but I'm just saying that the amount of good games coming out this holiday should take away some sales from COD.

As for Reach and MOH not taking away sales from BLOPS. MOH sucked IMO. and Halo already had its fanbase when Blops came out. Reach didn't really grow a lot from Halo 3. I'm thinking Battlefield 3 gonna grow a lot more from its last iteration and take away sales from COD8 in the process.

So we do agree essentially that Black ops is the peak. I just would not get my hopes up to high because as other people have posted people like things that are familiar. Battlefield probably will do slightly better for its next game, but to those who are uninformed it might just appear to be a COD clone.

As for all the games you mentioned I think that it will cause some slips in COD sales because there are so many great titles and people have only so much money. So I do hope COD has peaked, all I am saying is I wouldn't expect it to fall from grace very much next year.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Jay520 said:
chocoloco said:
Jay520 said:

This, Battlefield 3 is gonna be awesome. Unlike Medal of Honor, I can surely see it taking away sales from COD.

• Gears of War 3
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Uncharted 3
  • Battlefield 3
  • Resistance 3
  • Elder Scrolls V
  • Batman Arkham Asylam
  • Twisted Metal
  • Rage
With so many awesome games coming out, I can't see gamers picking up COD8 to the point where it outsells Black Ops.

I am with you on this one about the games being increadible still people though that Reach and Medal of hONOR WOULD HURT cod SALES  this year and it did not come true. COD probably has climaxed sale wise with BOps but I think its sales next year will easily beat each title you have mentioned.

Yeah I know COD will beat all those, but I'm just saying that the amount of good games coming out this holiday should take away some sales from COD.

As for Reach and MOH not taking away sales from BLOPS. MOH sucked IMO. and Halo already had its fanbase when Blops came out. Reach didn't really grow a lot from Halo 3. I'm thinking Battlefield 3 gonna grow a lot more from its last iteration and take away sales from COD8 in the process.

but to those who are uninformed it might just appear to be a COD clone.

Yeah, this sucks. It's VERY different from COD. I doubt Battlefield will ever become too popular because of its tactical nature while COD is pretty easy

Conegamer said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Never. The Dev teams won't let it happen. 

If you went back...3 years, wouldn't you say the same about Guitar Hero?

OT: 2013, or when the next gen starts. I don't see it carrying over next gen, like so many things in the past 

Guitar hero sold with an instrument in the box EVERY single time. And music games are MUCH different than FPS games.

Jay520 said:
chocoloco said:
Jay520 said:
chocoloco said:
Jay520 said:

• Gears of War 3
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Uncharted 3
  • Battlefield 3
  • Resistance 3
  • Elder Scrolls V
  • Batman Arkham Asylam
  • Twisted Metal
  • Rage

but to those who are uninformed it might just appear to be a COD clone.

Yeah, this sucks. It's VERY different from COD. I doubt Battlefield will ever become too popular because of its tactical nature while COD is pretty easy

Certainly, some people just do not want to be team players and stick to cooperative methods, many Cod guy just want to run around and work on their k/d ratios even in objective games. Still as long as the game you love is selling well enough to make great sequals I think that is the best thing a  fan can hope for.

chocoloco said:
gurglesletch said:
Shadowfest3 said:

I am a huge fan of the COD series, however, my interest in the next installment has diminished greatly.  I think I might just be burnt out with the series myself.

I am. With nothing innovative in any of the games after 4 it feels like a copy/paste with updated weapons and graphics

I certainly am burnt out of the single player it uses the same danm formula every time. As for online play I still think it brings fun that is rarely matched by any shooter.

Really? It all feels the same to me. I actually prefer the story mode more than the multiplayer

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
BHR-3 said:

probably after this yr with MW3 made by new devs that will go up against Battelfield 3 releasing this fall

as for when will acti. pulls the plug from it not anytime soon even if MW3 fails the series can easily be brought back to life next gen

• Gears of War 3
  • Assassin's Creed 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Uncharted 3
  • Battlefield 3
  • Resistance 3
  • Elder Scrolls V
  • Batman Arkham Asylam
  • Twisted Metal
  • Rage

I appreciate your faith, and I realy hope it doesn't, but his is the mass gaming public we're talking about. There's probably millions of gamers out there who've never played anything other than COD or FPS' when it comes to gaming, and there's more coming...

Such is a world we live in where a mediocre game is the fastest selling of al time by a wide margin, whilst great gaming developers (Cing, for example) have to close due to no-one buying their great games...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Unless there is a massive facebook campaign or something, people are going to keep buying CoD because people they know do.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Hopefully as soon as possible.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:

Hopefully as soon as possible.

Yes... and it will not come for long. The only possible way it could be quicker is someone producing a massively superior series/game with appeal that is as wide as CoD's.

Also, people, don't compare a massive FPS genre to a fad like music games.

I say five years at the least.

I picked never just b/c it's still selling like crazy. But, maybe next-gen it will start diminishing and it will probably burn out.