By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Not Maxed Out By Killzone 3, says Guerilla

Squilliam said:
osamanobama said:
Squilliam said:
osamanobama said:
Squilliam said:
osamanobama said:

yeah, but bluray player for that cheap a shit.

ps3 is still one of the most affordable bluray player around, and its also the 2nd best bluray player there is, the best one is more than twice the cost.

For $129 you get a Blu Ray player with a remote or universal remote.

For $299 you get a Blu Ray player where you have to use a controller.

Functionally that is more important when they both play the discs identically.

they dont play the disks identically though. ps3 plays them back superiorly, just check cnet, up until a few months ago the ps3 was what the tested all of their HD tv's and blurays on because it was the best (now its 2nd best). also a controller is hardly inconvienent, and i doubt people would care (i know i dont) and if they wanted to they could buy a $20 dollar remote from amazon, which i know adds cost but not much, and they still dont need to (i have because it serves no purpose to get one, and ive owned a ps3 since 2006, with a major intent to use it for bluray playback)

It either plays back Blu Ray or it doesn't. Being marginally better in ways which don't really matter doesn't actually matter, get it? Blu Ray exceeds the requirements of most people and often the capabilities of their TV sets to display it properly.

Finally you can't expect people to spend 20 years using remotes and then instantly want to forget about that and use the PS3 controller, mass market people anyway.

not all bluray players are created equal.

also ps3 supports alot more audio tracks than most bluray players, also you have to take into account other the other features it has (directly related to movie watching (not even counting the games)

and what you say still doesnt mater, there are quality differences in bluray players and ps3 is the 2nd best and very cheap.

if some incompetant cant use a controller, then they can buy a remote for it. but not having a remote is a non issue and doesnt take away from the value or the quality of bluray play back that the ps3 has. but really the remote thing is a complete non issue

Very cheap? Regular Blu Ray are $129 or even cheaper... Finally the quality differences are over-stated typically. Most people don't care about how it looks so long as it plays hi def and upscales DVDs.

so what are you arguing?

most bluray players cost more than $130, the cheapest most bare bones ones might cost $130.

bluray players with apps and features similar to ps3 cost significantly more.

ps3's price is upper mid range for bluray players.

and all the stuff you say still doesnt take away from the fact that ps3 is a better bluray player and has more features and abilities than 99.99% of other bluray players. ps3 quality is not over stated, and $130 player is not of similar quality or function as the ps3

Around the Network

Not a massive surprise. I mean, it has amazing tech underneath it, and it isn't really that close to their PC counterparts. It's close, but not there yet...

Saying that, I can't wait to see a game which does max it out

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I Dont understand that y developers gave such kind of statement.They have not maxed out ps3 (lol) so what they are waiting for.I beleive they will max out ps3 when next generation console will arrive (lol).

Mad55 said:
jacks81x said:
Mad55 said:

i hardly think killzone 3 looks better than gears 2 so imma say whatever. man people act like the ps3 a super console compared to the 360 lol.

No one is acting like that.  This thread is about KZ3 on the PS3.  No one is talking about PS3 vs XBox.

i dont mean people in the thread in general. nd i really meant they act like its a super console in general. though someone in the thread did say it could compete with a xbox 720 and super wii jokingly i guess.

troll much? KIllzone 3 looks leap years better than gears 2. Only a blind fanboy will deny this fact. Gears 3 could be on par but that is not out yet.

im looking forward to having more maxed out ps3 games. im just on act 2 on killzone3 where you cross bridge with them mechs. i have never seen visuals like that on console before its clearly the best around.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

More PR speak,all of Sony's developer's seem to say the exact same thing. Just look at Naughty dog.

$299 is an affordable player???  god what the heck the world becoming to? People shit money out of their ass now?  I hate to wake you up from candy land but this stupid mentality need to stop.  First thing you have to realize you are only a small, wait that word still can't fit the description.  A very small tiny insignificant amount of people that will give a shit about which player is the best.  The majority out there only care at looking at the price alone, their eye only see $130 or below $100 blue ray player VS $299 player that they can't tell any difference from.

Pk9394 said:

$299 is an affordable player???  god what the heck the world becoming to? People shit money out of their ass now?  I hate to wake you up from candy land but this stupid mentality need to stop.  First thing you have to realize you are only a small, wait that word still can't fit the description.  A very small tiny insignificant amount of people that will give a shit about which player is the best.  The majority out there only care at looking at the price alone, their eye only see $130 or below $100 blue ray player VS $299 player that they can't tell any difference from.

$299 is an affordable player,but if there's a cheaper one that's just as good,then yes people are going to obviously buy the cheaper one. I don't think your giving the majority of people enough credit,you have to consider value,name brand loyalty,appeal. It's not just all about what's the cheaper option. 

I think you accounting brand name and loyalty too high there, just go out and look at price comparison and ask yourself one question.  Why your brand name product need to drop to price to the  level of a generic china made product?   The best example is DVD player, but you can see the same pattern on everything you buy.  When the cheap product arrive the brand name product will need to drop price to compete.  This concluded that most people arent looking at brand name and loyalty as their primary choice,  Their primary choice is perfect subsitute with a lower price.  Please don't tell me about durability and function, most of the cheap generic brand can do more function than your brand name product.  I used to be a fanbot on brand name items that I usually have top notch stuff on my home entertainment center in the living and dirt cheap electronic in all the other bedrooms.  But then the so called reliable brand name start breaking again and again while my dirt cheap electronic is staying perfect condition with more function, I began to ask myself what the fuck is going on.  This is no bullshit, I went back to PC Richard 6 times within 2 days to exchange my Samsung Blue ray player because it keep getting the blue screen of death and the store manager getting angry and frustrated too because he is losing money for every box I opened, so I give up and add the extra money for a PS3 slime which just released for like 2-3 weeks ago.  My point is all brand name or generic brand have problem,  just because you hear a brand name more often does not mean its more reliable than others.  Loyalty and recognition will help a product sell at a higher price point but it'll lose its attractiveness as the price gap becoming bigger and bigger.

Pk9394 said:

Really? they need to start shut the fuck up on  an aged console,  this is not flame bait but what the fuck is the definition of maxing out a console?  I can see fine tuning of  coding to push out a few more polygon but what is maxing out a console?  anyone can max out a console by flooding it with more shit on screen and drop the frame rate to shit level.  The sony fan bots can save the flaming, I too have a  PS3 but this kind of promotional PR bullshit need to stop.

well,That will never happen,'' they love this shit''...lol