By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Not Maxed Out By Killzone 3, says Guerilla

tuscaniman said:
TT Makaveli said:

“The guys that created LittleBigPlanet, I don’t think they would have been able to create a game that looks as great on someone else’s tech and that’s the same with us,”

yeah PS3 FTW! ^^

hmm interesting...but im more excited of what the guys from Naughty Dog say after Uncharted 3...if the PS3 is maxed out after that...if not...holy shit there is no need for PS4 cause Sony will compete with the PS3 against Xbox720 & Super Wii next gen ^^

Killzone 3 does look awesome and I love the game but all you need to do is type in "Crysis 2 maxed out" in YouTube and realize that the PS3 would not compete with the Xbox 720. PCs today are starting to make this gen look last gen.

Edit: I'll do it for you. Takes awhile to load up in 720p. This isn't even final build and its DX9

relax.., he was just kidding...^^ , why so serious...?

Around the Network
monsterone said:

this crysis 2 video does look pretty amazing.

On PC? Yeah... AMAZING.

On PS3/360? Hummmm... mehhhhh.

You guys really think those graphics were that great? I'm not seeing it. Maybe it's bc I couldn't make it full screen, or maybe my computer screen isn't high quality. But from what I saw I still feel like other games I've seen have had better graphics than that.

Then again, the difference between U2 on my computer and then on my HD tv was pretty substantial; so maybe it is the video/my computer screen.

Really? they need to start shut the fuck up on  an aged console,  this is not flame bait but what the fuck is the definition of maxing out a console?  I can see fine tuning of  coding to push out a few more polygon but what is maxing out a console?  anyone can max out a console by flooding it with more shit on screen and drop the frame rate to shit level.  The sony fan bots can save the flaming, I too have a  PS3 but this kind of promotional PR bullshit need to stop.

A203D said:
TT Makaveli said:

“The guys that created LittleBigPlanet, I don’t think they would have been able to create a game that looks as great on someone else’s tech and that’s the same with us,”

yeah PS3 FTW! ^^

hmm interesting...but im more excited of what the guys from Naughty Dog say after Uncharted 3...if the PS3 is maxed out after that...if not...holy shit there is no need for PS4 cause Sony will compete with the PS3 against Xbox720 & Super Wii next gen ^^

No way PS3 is maxed out. if they took 3D out of the equation then they couldve achieved a lot more. imo Naughty Dog are too small a team to max out the PS3. i think only a big team like Square Enix FF division or Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed division or Polyphony Digital, with huge amounts of manpower could max out the console tbh.

hmm i dont believe the theory bigger studios = better graphics...cause look at Uncharted 2 & God of War 3...Naughty Dog & Santa Monica both dont got the biggest team...or lets say a small team in comparison...and we got the best graphics on PS3 on that title...maybe its a Sony phenomenom because all the 1st partys are getting ideas and tips from another...look at this new Last Guardian thread there is one of the developers also saying that...and Last Guardian also will be a graphicl masterpiece...

Look at GT%...it isnt the graphical beast it use to be...you got the premium cars really looking fukkin great...drivin a Rally at night...also looks fukkin fantastic...rain effects are next level...BUT overall 80% of the landscape in GT looks really bad...and they developed like 6 years on that...also Assassins Creed IMO dont look better  than some PS3 exclusives...

Around the Network

still more power,

classic haven't seen one of these remarks for a while but they always come

of course PC is king,but it aint a console

Above & Beyond

nice to know. devs keep pushing till you get it all from the black hole bottomless pit that is known simply as the cell.

tuscaniman said:
TT Makaveli said:

yeah PS3 FTW! ^^

Killzone 3 does look awesome and I love the game but all you need to do is type in "Crysis 2 maxed out" in YouTube and realize that the PS3 would not compete with the Xbox 720. PCs today are starting to make this gen look last gen.

Edit: I'll do it for you. Takes awhile to load up in 720p. This isn't even final build and its DX9

That does look pretty awesome. I don't think he was serious about the PS3 vs 720 thing though.

Next gen is gonna be epic.

wow i cant believe wat im reading

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Pk9394 said:

Really? they need to start shut the fuck up on  an aged console,  this is not flame bait but what the fuck is the definition of maxing out a console?  I can see fine tuning of  coding to push out a few more polygon but what is maxing out a console?  anyone can max out a console by flooding it with more shit on screen and drop the frame rate to shit level.  The sony fan bots can save the flaming, I too have a  PS3 but this kind of promotional PR bullshit need to stop.

you mad.