By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Not Maxed Out By Killzone 3, says Guerilla

i hardly think killzone 3 looks better than gears 2 so imma say whatever. man people act like the ps3 a super console compared to the 360 lol.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:

i hardly think killzone 3 looks better than gears 2 so imma say whatever. man people act like the ps3 a super console compared to the 360 lol.

No one is acting like that.  This thread is about KZ3 on the PS3.  No one is talking about PS3 vs XBox.

jacks81x said:
Mad55 said:

No one is acting like that.  This thread is about KZ3 on the PS3.  No one is talking about PS3 vs XBox.

i dont mean people in the thread in general. nd i really meant they act like its a super console in general. though someone in the thread did say it could compete with a xbox 720 and super wii jokingly i guess.

Mad55 said:

Go to IGN and check out the new vid of some Gears 3 beta gameplay. The game looks ridiculous. Much much better than Gears 2. Its contender for best graphics on console period.

This is applicable to any console or even the PC. You're not maxing out anything, you're just reaping the continuous improvement in programming techniques and improvement in art.

Tease.

Around the Network

I would say the definition of having maxed out a console is when even when your brightest and best people are only able to squeeze out marginal improvements, then you have maxed it out. So Killzone 2 to Killzone 3 was a big leap forward, just like Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 was. I think Uncharted 3 will be another big leap forward, but after that I would be surprised if they or any other studio are able to make big leaps forward in graphical fidelity beyond what they achieve in UC3 etc., on current gen hardware.

tuscaniman said:
Mad55 said:

Go to IGN and check out the new vid of some Gears 3 beta gameplay. The game looks ridiculous. Much much better than Gears 2. Its contender for best graphics on console period.

hmmm ok i will i havent looked at gears 3 much.

Mad55 said:

You should probably go back and play Gears 2, the game hasn't aged that well and many other games have come that look much better. People can say what they want, but saying Gears 2 is in anyway comparable to a notch looking game in 2011 is laughable, Vanquish, Enslaved and Resident Evil 5 look way better and they aren't even regarded as being the best looking games.

I'm sure Epic will make a come back with Gears 3, but hopefully the transistion from 2 to 3 is much bigger than the one from 1 to 2.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
Mad55 said:

You should probably go back and play Gears 2, the game hasn't aged that well and many other games have come that look much better. People can say what they want, but saying Gears 2 is in anyway comparable to a notch looking game in 2011 is laughable, Vanquish, Enslaved and Resident Evil 5 look way better and they aren't even regarded as being the best looking games.

I'm sure Epic will make a come back with Gears 3, but hopefully the transistion from 2 to 3 is much bigger than the one from 1 to 2.

damn maybe its been awhile ill go back and take a look no shame in it lol.

Mad55 said:
jacks81x said:
Mad55 said:

i dont mean people in the thread in general. nd i really meant they act like its a super console in general. though someone in the thread did say it could compete with a xbox 720 and super wii jokingly i guess.

The PS3 will compete with the next Wii because the Wii 2 might not even be built to the high specifications of the PS3; it wont have blu ray, it might not have 3D - if they meet the PS3 on its hardware level then they create a console that is more expensive and in doing so eliminate their cheap and casual price consumer advantage.

Nintendo wont create a console too powerful because they force their current users to pay more than they would for a PS3.

the PS3 is NOT a super console, its outdated from a PC standpoint. but its stil expensive - which is why it will still be here for at least 4 years. people arnt going to pay more money for hardware specs they dont understand - unless they are PC enthuasists.

the PS3 could well compete with the 720. if Microsoft release again next year or they wait 5 years and release at the same time as the PS4. if Microsoft make the console too powerful and they release again soon, they create a massive price gap between the PS3 and 720. however if they make the console only slightly more powerful then they create a competitive price point, but sacrifice the power threshold of their console to be able to compete. if they dont - they could end up in a Dreamcast/Saturn effect.

so in a nutshell i think the PS3 will compete both price wise and technically with the WIi 2 and possibly the 720. depending on how Microsoft release their next console.