By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - V Jump lists FF13 Versus for 360 and PS3

cory.ok said:

your experiences with sixaxis controls are irrelevant (and limited to say the least), if sixaxis controls are necessary to play the game then a port to the x360 will be quite impossible as x360 doesnt have this functionality; we'll call this a hardware limitation.

in killzone they could make it into a push the x  button 50 times, but in other games where all buttons are already mapped to an action and you use sixaxis to, say, throw grenades then thats a game that cant be ported with grenade throwing intact.  an example is folklore which makes good use of sixaxis and would present some pretty big problems if there was ever an attempt to port it (which there wont be)

now of course if folklore were to be developed with the x360 in mind, they could have cut functionality and made the game work, but it wasnt. versus, like folklore is being developed for the ps3, and the first step to porting a game to another console would have to be making sure the other console isnt hardware limited, if it is they either have to cut everything out thats limited by hardware or find a way to make it work with the hardware limitations, both can be pretty tough on development

OK I was being friendly you are not.

I asked what the games feature, you did not answer. My experience your right has nothing to do with this. A lot of Sixaxis are unnecessary. In Killzone they could have also... NOT made a game where steering a wheel was necessary.

Your arguments are kinda... I dunno... they don't really prove your point of view. Your saying certain games don't have enough buttons but a few of those seem to work perfectly on 360.. I dont understand the point you are trying to make... Xbox360 has 10 buttoms not including directional buttons u d l r.

So again explain why they are necessary and how it would stop ff xiii versus  getting ported

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
cory.ok said:

because versus was announced to be using sixaxis i dont know how they would port that over to 360 other than kinect, which might be able to reproduce what ps3 controllers can do.

Eh, I wouldn't think that's something to keep the game from being ported.

A lot of SIXAXIS controls are a completely optional gimmick (Little Big Planet), something that normal controls do better (Lair), or something that easily be done with traditional controls (Killzone 2).  Others like Uncharted might be harder to do on the 360, but I wouldn't say that's the reason the game doesn't show up on another console.

In terms of gameplay, SE is pretty low on the creativity department and I would assume whatever SIXAXIS controls they have wouldn't be anything that people talk too much about.

AussieGecko said:
cory.ok said:

because versus was announced to be using sixaxis i dont know how they would port that over to 360 other than kinect, which might be able to reproduce what ps3 controllers can do.

the only thing i have seen sixasis do is in killzone where you could twist the wheel... its kinda pointless and more of a gimmick that i have noticed. Nothing else I have played seems to use it.

Dude you need to play folklore, best use of sixaxis there is. Just amazing, the move motion control is nothing in front of it.

In medal of honor Airborne, you can peek outside your cover slightly by using your sixaxis which is quite fun. Heavy Rain also has some good sixaxis controls.

Nothing is as good as Folklore though, just brilliant execution.

mantlepiecek said:

Dude you need to play folklore, best use of sixaxis there is. Just amazing, the move motion control is nothing in front of it.

In medal of honor Airborne, you can peek outside your cover slightly by using your sixaxis which is quite fun. Heavy Rain also has some good sixaxis controls.

I havent heard of it... released in Australia that you know of?

See I can see merit of it. With my only real memory of it being in Killzone, it sucked. But what you are saying it could actually be a decent thing.

AussieGecko said:
mantlepiecek said:

I havent heard of it... released in Australia that you know of?

See I can see merit of it. With my only real memory of it being in Killzone, it sucked. But what you are saying it could actually be a decent thing.

It was a good of the mechanic, but since I've seen you play Ghostbusters, anything you can do in Folklorewith SIXAXIS  you can do in Ghostbusters actually with the slam.

Around the Network

It's supposed to have been announced for the 360 now for the past 2 Years at every big or moderately big show.

It's getting annoying now.

It's like MGS4 all over again.

twesterm said:

It was a good of the mechanic, but since I've seen you play Ghostbusters, anything you can do in Folklorewith SIXAXIS  you can do in Ghostbusters actually with the slam.

Oh yeah i forgot that happened haha, I played that ages ago but for some wierd reason its still there. I have played 2 ratchet and clanks (and got trophies for them) killzone 2, i got a trophy for, little big planet, same thing... my thing is just weird haha

My copy of that is so old its a white disc with red writing... its a review copy thing haha, I got it  through work, same reason I have Killzone 2 as well haha and pain and the latest ratchet and clank (not all for one obviously) pain was one of them.... Thank god I am the only full time worker at my work with a PS3 haha

Carl2291 said:

It's supposed to have been announced for the 360 now for the past 2 Years at every big or moderately big show.

It's getting annoying now.

It's like MGS4 all over again.

But..but.. but MGS4 has been a timed exclusive.. For the last 3 years!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

This is going to happen. Sigh Square Enix

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

It's inevitable really.  I'm honestly more curious which gets announced first, the release date or the 360 port?

lol @ E3 2011 being the "last chance" for a port announcement.  This game won't even be on shelves by E3 2012.