By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - V Jump lists FF13 Versus for 360 and PS3

Cant wait to say "saw that coming" xD

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
jarrod said:

It's inevitable really.  I'm honestly more curious which gets announced first, the release date or the 360 port?

lol @ E3 2011 being the "last chance" for a port announcement.  This game won't even be on shelves by E3 2012.

Damn , I need one of those time machines..
Plus , announcements don't happen a second before the release <_<

VXIII said:
jarrod said:

It's inevitable really.  I'm honestly more curious which gets announced first, the release date or the 360 port?

lol @ E3 2011 being the "last chance" for a port announcement.  This game won't even be on shelves by E3 2012.

FFXIII-2 is the big HD game for holiday 2011 (Japan) /spring 2012 (everywhere else).  Versus is going to be a year out from that most likely, even best case scenario most likely puts it after E3 2012 for the west.

And who said a second before release?  Versus 360 could get announced a year from now and still release a year later with the timelines we're looking at?

SE will announce that It will be developed by 3D Realms and Polyphony and slated for this year.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
jarrod said:
VXIII said:
jarrod said:

FFXIII-2 is the big HD game for holiday 2011 (Japan) /spring 2012 (everywhere else).  Versus is going to be a year out from that most likely, even best case scenario most likely puts it after E3 2012 for the west.

And who said a second before release?  Versus 360 could get announced a year from now and still release a year later with the timelines we're looking at?

Remember XIII xbox version was announced in 2008 and got released in 2010

E3 2012 would be like 5 months before Versus' release in Japan and like 9 months in the west case,  that's not enough time, unless if it wouldn't get announced at e3 which is highly unlikely.

I'm not saying it's impossible but I can't see it happening , either way there's nothing to get "lol'd" about :)

Around the Network

Unless it happens on ATLEAST 2 sites there's no credibility to it, most of the 360 timed exclusives had it listed for ps3 on 2 or more sites, both of them more credable that one

AussieGecko said:
cory.ok said:

your experiences with sixaxis controls are irrelevant (and limited to say the least), if sixaxis controls are necessary to play the game then a port to the x360 will be quite impossible as x360 doesnt have this functionality; we'll call this a hardware limitation.

in killzone they could make it into a push the x  button 50 times, but in other games where all buttons are already mapped to an action and you use sixaxis to, say, throw grenades then thats a game that cant be ported with grenade throwing intact.  an example is folklore which makes good use of sixaxis and would present some pretty big problems if there was ever an attempt to port it (which there wont be)

now of course if folklore were to be developed with the x360 in mind, they could have cut functionality and made the game work, but it wasnt. versus, like folklore is being developed for the ps3, and the first step to porting a game to another console would have to be making sure the other console isnt hardware limited, if it is they either have to cut everything out thats limited by hardware or find a way to make it work with the hardware limitations, both can be pretty tough on development

OK I was being friendly you are not.

I asked what the games feature, you did not answer. My experience your right has nothing to do with this. A lot of Sixaxis are unnecessary. In Killzone they could have also... NOT made a game where steering a wheel was necessary.

Your arguments are kinda... I dunno... they don't really prove your point of view. Your saying certain games don't have enough buttons but a few of those seem to work perfectly on 360.. I dont understand the point you are trying to make... Xbox360 has 10 buttoms not including directional buttons u d l r.

So again explain why they are necessary and how it would stop ff xiii versus  getting ported

im being friendly, cmon, im just trying to explain something that requires some prior knowledge of how development works :( 

you actually didnt ask me anything, i present my evidence:

AussieGecko said:

the only thing i have seen sixasis do is in killzone where you could twist the wheel... its kinda pointless and more of a gimmick that i have noticed. Nothing else I have played seems to use it.

...questions? :)

im not saying that certain games dont have enough buttons, but they werent limited to that set number of buttons. games that implemented sixaxis well, (like folklore) would be completely different games if they were released without sixaxis support.

my point is that if versus has the level of sixaxis controls as folklore, development cost will rise as a port wont be simple buisness, it will take much longer and cost much more money. coupled with the already very high development cost of versus and the abnormally high cost of porting something to a hardware limited machine and you have a lot of risk. if the risk is still manageable with a port than it will be done, if the risk is too high, it wont, six axis support is one bump in the road of porting the game, it might be a big bump

cory.ok said:

im not saying that certain games dont have enough buttons, but they werent limited to that set number of buttons. games that implemented sixaxis well, (like folklore) would be completely different games if they were released without sixaxis support.

my point is that if versus has the level of sixaxis controls as folklore, development cost will rise as a port wont be simple buisness, it will take much longer and cost much more money. coupled with the already very high development cost of versus and the abnormally high cost of porting something to a hardware limited machine and you have a lot of risk. if the risk is still manageable with a port than it will be done, if the risk is too high, it wont, six axis support is one bump in the road of porting the game, it might be a big bump

So far you havent explained how its not a gimmick, so far its doing things that work perfectly fine on the other console of the multiplats. The things that it does on the exclusives if they got multiplat wouldnt be that hard to add a button for or otherwise.

Yeah my first question is why did you be so aggressive. I honestly had no recollection of using it. In Ghost Busters, people were still able to smack ghosts.... I dont see where you have proven your point.

Note: You are going to be an arse, I will be an arse.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Flower, Lair, Flow, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2, Uncharted,  Metal Gear Solid 4, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Mirror Edge, GTA IV, SOCOM, UT3, Rainbow Six, ratchet and clank tools of destruction. Many more uses sixaxis.

I wonder what games you play. just FPS huh?

Nope mostly play my 360. GTA IV played on 360... why would you need sixaxis for that, UT3 is on 360 and again the same question is where does sixaxis feature, ratchet and clank, cant remember it in there but I will take your word for it, the car/plane games im assuming for controls like a wheel? Ninja Gaiden 2 I played on the 360 and thus cannot explain why sixaxis would be used.

I believe you I am just wondering what it would do. And if you want to know what games I play check my games list... its not that hard to figure out on this site.

Don't care about games lists.

In ninja gaiden stigma, the sixaxis was used to make your magic ninpo spells do more damage. In ninja gaiden stigma 2, you can jiggle boobs. Thats 2 examples, you can look the rest up yourself. It is just a different experience.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

Don't care about games lists.

In ninja gaiden stigma, the sixaxis was used to make your magic ninpo spells do more damage. In ninja gaiden stigma 2, you can jiggle boobs. Thats 2 examples, you can look the rest up yourself. It is just a different experience.

different but not necessarily better is all im saying. eh each to their own. Was a fun thread

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752