By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - should i get killzone 3

There are actually two demos for KZ3. One for the multiplayer online and another for the single player campaign. If those aren't enough to help you decide, then you probably shouldn't even be asking the question.

But anyone who admits they don't like FPS games probably isn't going to be swayed by any example of the genre, much less KZ3. For all its merits and general level of intensity, it's still an FPS.

I ordered two copies after playing the single player demo. I was that satisfied. One for myself and another for my brother who only plays FPS games in single player mode.

Around the Network

I was blown away by the demo, I played it with a friend of mine, he's an xboxer, however this game may be convince him to buy a ps3...he went away with pure jealousy :D

Toastrules said:
hikaruchan said:
qmoney88 said:

Everyones doing it, and you dont wanna be THAT guy you know what im sayin?

So if ever body jumped of a bridge you would to to be cool?

If everybody was doing it with a bungie cord, hell YES

why do you have to bring HALO into this thread??

and i wouldn't jump off a bridge, but to be cool i would pretend i do. i would offer to jump last to be able to take everyones picture while they jump.

and OT: can you afford NOT to buy Killzone 3?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Toastrules said:
hikaruchan said:
qmoney88 said:

So if ever body jumped of a bridge you would to to be cool?

If everybody was doing it with a bungie cord, hell YES

why do you have to bring HALO into this thread??

and i wouldn't jump off a bridge, but to be cool i would pretend i do. i would offer to jump last to be able to take everyones picture while they jump.

and OT: can you afford NOT to buy Killzone 3?

That pun was so lame, but I still had a good laugh out loud

I'd be the guy who'd take the first jump, just to get everybody going.

And my 2c on the Topic: Yes, you should definitely buy KZ3. The only ones complaining about cancelling their pre-order are the 'vets' of KZ2, and they're a minority. Do not listen to review scores, or look at sales, because neither of them do justice to YOUR opinion on it. (Try the singleplayer demo now, it's out on the PS Store). Everyone hated The Last Airbender, but I thought it was pretty good, granted I sympathized with M Night Shyaopwaojowejowjo whatever the crap his name is, but it still didn't deserve all those bad scores.

"Being single is easier on the gaming life, and the wallet."

Downloaded and played the demo, it was a bit difficult for me because i found it hard to get used to the controls again since i havent played Killzone 2 in ages.

but.... truthfully its an FPS, it lasts 6 - 8 hours, then your done. the big factor in the equation is multiplayer, but if you dont play multiplayer (i'm assuming because you said not a big FPS gamer) then i doubt its worth it.

i probabily will devote some time to the muliplayer stuff, but i wont be getting it yet,  maybe in a few months, FPS dont keep me entertained for long unfortunatley.

Around the Network
A203D said:

Downloaded and played the demo, it was a bit difficult for me because i found it hard to get used to the controls again since i havent played Killzone 2 in ages.

but.... truthfully its an FPS, it lasts 6 - 8 hours, then your done. the big factor in the equation is multiplayer, but if you dont play multiplayer (i'm assuming because you said not a big FPS gamer) then i doubt its worth it.

i probabily will devote some time to the muliplayer stuff, but i wont be getting it yet,  maybe in a few months, FPS dont keep me entertained for long unfortunatley.

just a hint: You have like 5 or 6 different control-shemes, just look them up in the menu

Ultr said:
A203D said:

just a hint: You have like 5 or 6 different control-shemes, just look them up in the menu

Really, i'll take a look at that, the controls are fine thought, its just because i was recently playing Vanquish and those controls feel like second nature to me at the moment. but i'll give that a try. cheers!

hikaruchan said:
qmoney88 said:

So if everybody jumped of a bridge you would to to be cool?

Depends on how drunk I am

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Game looks freaking amazing. I am gonna get it eventually. I get realllly picky when i have a huge backlog. 

Definitely get it, I'm playing through it with the move right now and it is awesome. The campaign is great even if you don't end up playing the MP a lot.