By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo should put an end to lazy, half-hearted, half-assed games.

Mummelmann said:
mortono said:

I think it's okay to let half-assed games be made. If they are bad, people won't buy them.

The only thing that matters is that there's enough GOOD content. Nintendo has to figure out how to get 3rd party developers to want to develop good games for the system. 

Maybe they should give rewards to 3rd parties that sell at or above a certain level. Something like "1 million for every million"... or maybe free Nintendo character usage... or Miyamoto comes to your studio to meet everybody. 

People don't buy bad games? Vampire Rain, Hannah Montana games, My Little Pony, Big Rigs, all these games sell to actual customers... Bad games don't sell a lot? Maybe that's true but if games follow the conventions of other media then they certainly could (Twilight movies and books sell shitloads and there is a neverending line of horrid musicians selling to platinum every year) and will under the right circumstances.

Well bad and good is a matter of opinion and while you may think Twilight sucks many teenage girls will disagree with you. But, yes, if a game is generally bad regardless of perspective, it won't sell.

Around the Network

And halfassed thread is now going to be locked cause the OP baselessly trashed a couple of companies and games and then the replies were no better. 

~locked~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000