By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Geohot Pleading with Community for Donations in PS3 Jailbreak Case

forest-spirit said:
LivingMetal said:

All of you guys making donations to Geohot need to consider something serious and realistic.  You have breast cancer, child abuse, animal abuse, environmental protection, the fatherless, the homeless, the hungry, etc. you could have financially reach out to.  But instead, you put you hatred for a console maker over more important life changing issues.  You have to live with yourselves with your self-imposed blindness.  All of you who are making donations.

That's just lame. It's not like gaming leads to a better world so why don't we all stop buying games and supprt the important stuff instead?

The belief that donating to Geohot as a noble cause is lame because of fragile egos.  It's that simple.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
theprof00 said:

wow all the anti-sony guys donating. Big Fucking Surprise.

Donating to help some guy win a case so that he can continue allowing random people to ban random consoles, hack multiplayer games for cheating,  and steal games.

This is a true way to tell who are the real trolls on this site.

Keep doing everything you can to win the console "war" for your company.

This has nothing to do with the console war. >_>

maybe not YOU specifically, SIR.

People here are supporting a person who is single-handedly ruinging my online experience.

I fucking loathe you all.

forest-spirit said:
theprof00 said:

Donating to help some guy win a case so that he can continue allowing random people to ban random consoles, hack multiplayer games for cheating,  and steal games.

This has nothing to do with the console war. >_>

You don't like Sony, you support the other side that opposes Sony for the wrong reasons.  So for some, it does concern the "console war."

NiKKoM said:
deskpro2k3 said:
NiKKoM said:

Imagine if for some reason, Microsoft or Apple (Windows or Mac OSX) were acting like Sony, and that you couldn’t access anything on your computer without their authorization? You want to install Skype, you can’t because Microsoft didn’t “approve” it.. because they want you to use MSN Messenger instead… Then where is your freedom on your own machine? that's why I donated.

This is a hack not done on a PC, and your example is not convincing.

It is your money, I don't care what you do with it.  But, that was sad.

it's not about the hack.. you are missing the bigger picture.. the case could be a precedent for all future devices.. where in the end you as a consumer would only be a license holder, not the owner, to use the device you buy..

Go be a hermit away from society, and you'll be safe.  Maybe.

theprof00 said:

I doubt half of these people are donating anything. It's the internet they have to boost their egos.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Imagine if for some reason, Microsoft or Apple (Windows or Mac OSX) were acting like Sony, and that you couldn’t access anything on your computer without their authorization? You want to install Skype, you can’t because Microsoft didn’t “approve” it.. because they want you to use MSN Messenger instead… Then where is your freedom on your own machine? that's why I donated.

Then it's simple: Don't buy/get rid of the product, and they'll think twice making a dick move. Consumers aren't that stupid.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

I wonder how many donaters are actually PS3 users...

huaxiong90 said:
NiKKoM said:

Then it's simple: Don't buy/get rid of the product, and they'll think twice making a dick move. Consumers aren't that stupid.

You don't like it, you don't buy it.  What a novel concept.

forest-spirit said:
LivingMetal said:

All of you guys making donations to Geohot need to consider something serious and realistic.  You have breast cancer, child abuse, animal abuse, environmental protection, the fatherless, the homeless, the hungry, etc. you could have financially reach out to.  But instead, you put you hatred for a console maker over more important life changing issues.  You have to live with yourselves with your self-imposed blindness.  All of you who are making donations.

That's just lame. It's not like gaming leads to a better world so why don't we all stop buying games and supprt the important stuff instead?

People have money to donate to a guy like him but yet can't buy games legally? If they have so much money to donate to him, perhaps they should save it for more important things like breast cancer etc...

It's all about priorites but the people donating seem to be missing them.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

LivingMetal said:
huaxiong90 said:
NiKKoM said:

You don't like it, you don't buy it.  What a novel concept.

woah, woah woah- with such forward thinking, you're blowing my mind!!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?