By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Geohot Pleading with Community for Donations in PS3 Jailbreak Case

NiKKoM said:

Imagine if for some reason, Microsoft or Apple (Windows or Mac OSX) were acting like Sony, and that you couldn’t access anything on your computer without their authorization? You want to install Skype, you can’t because Microsoft didn’t “approve” it.. because they want you to use MSN Messenger instead… Then where is your freedom on your own machine? that's why I donated.

This is a hack not done on a PC, and your example is not convincing.

It is your money, I don't care what you do with it.  But, that was sad.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

All of you guys making donations to Geohot need to consider something serious and realistic.  You have breast cancer, child abuse, animal abuse, environmental protection, the fatherless, the homeless, the hungry, etc. you could have financially reach out to.  But instead, you put you hatred for a console maker over more important life changing issues.  You have to live with yourselves with your self-imposed blindness.  All of you who are making donations.

That's just lame. It's not like gaming leads to a better world so why don't we all stop buying games and supprt the important stuff instead?

LivingMetal said:
theprof00 said:
NiKKoM said:

I donated 50 bucks.. If he loses you might not own the stuff you buy.. like your PC..

or you might be able to play online games without fear of massive hacking.

This is called fighting for the little guy.

This guy isn't so little. He publically released an illegal system that doesn't just hurt the companies, it hurts the gamers.

On one hand I can understand torrent sites, and similar circumstances, but this is hurting gamers.

That guy is a jackass. 

He obviously has talent with computers or whatever but instead of doing somethin good with his skills he's choosing to hack a console so people can pirate games and kill the industry. 

deskpro2k3 said:
NiKKoM said:

Imagine if for some reason, Microsoft or Apple (Windows or Mac OSX) were acting like Sony, and that you couldn’t access anything on your computer without their authorization? You want to install Skype, you can’t because Microsoft didn’t “approve” it.. because they want you to use MSN Messenger instead… Then where is your freedom on your own machine? that's why I donated.

it's not about the hack.. you are missing the bigger picture.. the case could be a precedent for all future devices.. where in the end you as a consumer would only be a license holder, not the owner, to use the device you buy..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

wow all the anti-sony guys donating. Big Fucking Surprise.

Donating to help some guy win a case so that he can continue allowing random people to ban random consoles, hack multiplayer games for cheating,  and steal games.

This is a true way to tell who are the real trolls on this site.

Keep doing everything you can to win the console "war" for your company.

theprof00 said:

wow all the anti-sony guys donating. Big Fucking Surprise.

Donating to help some guy win a case so that he can continue allowing random people to ban random consoles, hack multiplayer games for cheating,  and steal games.

This is a true way to tell who are the real trolls on this site.

Keep doing everything you can to win the console "war" for your company.

This has nothing to do with the console war. >_>

NiKKoM said:
deskpro2k3 said:
NiKKoM said:

it's not about the hack.. you are missing the bigger picture.. the case could be a precedent for all future devices.. where in the end you as a consumer would only be a license holder, not the owner, to use the device you buy..

No, it isn't, and whoever told you that is lying to you.

Your example earlier of MS not allowing Skype, there's anti-trust laws for that. You have no idea what you're talking about. These laws already exist. It's a ToS

theprof00 said:
LivingMetal said:
theprof00 said:
NiKKoM said:

I donated 50 bucks.. If he loses you might not own the stuff you buy.. like your PC..

or you might be able to play online games without fear of massive hacking.

This is called fighting for the little guy.

This guy isn't so little. He publically released an illegal system that doesn't just hurt the companies, it hurts the gamers.

On one hand I can understand torrent sites, and similar circumstances, but this is hurting gamers.

"Fighting for the little guy" is is reference to myself as a legit gamer who doesn't want his online gaming experience ruined by a bunch of douche bags.  The thieves here are call themselves the "little guy" and Sony the "evil corporation.  But what about the little guys who are just trying to enjoy the games they purchased?  That's my point.

NiKKoM said:
deskpro2k3 said:
NiKKoM said:

And this is what I meant by paranoia.