By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - David Jaffe Takes Gamer To School Over Twisted Metal Flop Comment

darthdevidem01 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Slimebeast said:
Acevil said:

Seriously that was really stupid on David's part. You don't feed the trolls ever. You let them continue going on and on about nothing. 

Yeah and not only that, he also pulled a lie.

I understand his main point (about artistic integrity) but obviously he would feel devastated if Twisted Metal flopped and of course he would love to shine on top of a pedestal if it became a success.

He didn't lie, he included that in his speech (post).

Don't listen to him, slimebeast is a spy from the xbox side!

lol j/k he has a PS3 now

I think he has gone back because DARK SOULS is now multiplat!! Traitor i say!! =p

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Slimebeast said:
Acevil said:

Seriously that was really stupid on David's part. You don't feed the trolls ever. You let them continue going on and on about nothing. 

Yeah and not only that, he also pulled a lie.

I understand his main point (about artistic integrity) but obviously he would feel devastated if Twisted Metal flopped and of course he would love to shine on top of a pedestal if it became a success.

He didn't lie, he included that in his speech (post).

Don't listen to him, slimebeast is a spy from the xbox side!

lol j/k he has a PS3 now

I think he has gone back because DARK SOULS is now multiplat!! Traitor i say.

You are correct, the force is strong in you radiantshadow! We must trick him into buying Skyrim on PS3 as revenge!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Acevil said:

He told you why in the comment.  He's doing it because it gives him the opportunity to go on a tangent and talk about something different but related. He even acknowledged the guy was a troll, it's not like he doesn't understand. 

Anyways, he's got my respect.  Some people are just outspoken, everyone's different.  Point is, his comments were spot on and pretty much right in every facet as far as I can tell.  Kudos Jaffe.

This is actually very tame from Jaffe and I'll say very heart felt.   Devs pour their souls into games with their 100 plus hour work week, and people never appreciate it.

good on him

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

wow Jaffe gets my Hero of the day award. hats off to him.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Wow, what an A-hole. If he was going to "reply" to the comment he should have just vaguely referenced it, instead of throwing out insults. That's not what I expect to see from a consummate professional. Sure he got his "point" across, but he could have done with much more class and distinction than "that". In my opinion, he's no better than that "troll" he responded to. He's definitely dropped down a notch in my book.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

games are not science.... WTF

but he seems that he has put a lot of effort in the game, so I understand why the comments

Jaffe took the bait.

I love this man.