By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - David Jaffe Takes Gamer To School Over Twisted Metal Flop Comment

good on him :) 

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:

This guy reminds me of a slightly more ascerbic Cliffy B, and if they were both PS3 or 360 only developers, I would bet people would like/dislike them similarly.

As Cliff is considerd a 360 fanboy (even though he's put stuff on the PS3) I'm sure I'll have people telling me how different they are, but to me, in thier most basic forms, these are both individuals who are passionate about thier games and who engage thier fans.

Personally I'd prefer a little less acronymity in my communications, as I dont think you have to resort to that, but I can acknowledge the fact that Jaffe is a passionate developer.

I actually made the exact same comparison in my mind, interestingly.

OT: Idk why so many people in this thread have gotten so bent out of shape about his comment. I was reading through it, and actually thought what he said was pretty awesome and incredibly respectable. He probably shouldn't have called the guy those names, but isn't Jaffe already known for being straight forward and speaking his mind like this? That doesn't make it right, but at the same time, why would people be so surprised by it? Furthermore, ppl were mad that he even responded to the tweet. But he said in his msg "I usually don't do this, but...". He admitted that he normally lets that crap go, but he wanted to use the opportunity to prove a point about something that bothers him in the gaming industry.

I, personally, gained a heck of a lot of respect for Jaffe. From the things he said you can truly see his passion for making video games, not (just) money. His main goal in making a game is to give gamers an enjoyable experience, old fans and new. I think this, at least to this extent, is a rare quality in game developers today. I loved what he wrote, and think the people who didn't should reread his statement trying to ignore the entire situation and focus only on what he was trying to say. Jaffe's the man in my book.

If you think about it, he didn't insult him at all other than calling him obnoxious. He said the guy craves attention, and so he (Jaffe) is going to shine the spotlight on his obnoxious, flatulent infested ass. Flatulent infested ass. Isn't everone's? I rest my case.

radiantshadow92 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
radiantshadow92 said:

He didn't lie, he included that in his speech (post).

Don't listen to him, slimebeast is a spy from the xbox side!

lol j/k he has a PS3 now

I think he has gone back because DARK SOULS is now multiplat!! Traitor i say!! =p

Hahaha.  Good one.

Respect.

It's sure is nice to see a game developer so passoinate about his work.

Around the Network

Well the game will flop so the "troll" is right.

Good one :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Totally agree with David.

hopefully Twisted Metal does better than its predecesors!

how much does a game have to sell to not categorize it as a flop?

1 million? 2 million? 3 million? 4 million?

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:

how much does a game have to sell to not categorize it as a flop?

1 million? 2 million? 3 million? 4 million?

Different games different sales