By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will the PS3 drop below $200?

When will the PS3 drop below $200?

This year 48 20.96%

2012 72 31.44%

2013 50 21.83%

2014 22 9.61%

2015 onwards 12 5.24%

It will never reach $199 24 10.48%

Total:228
NotStan said:
BHR-3 said:

not happening WW this yr i promise

$50 cut this fall and again next fall i believe all 3 will get a $50 cut this yr

the wild cards are 360 with a HDD going to 200 and arcade gets axed and the PS3 going to 200, 360 with a HDD going to 200 is more possible of happening in my eyes

if i were sony id do 50 everywhere WW except americas and $100 off for americas this fall, similar to how the 360 is cheaper in EU than the ps3 and wii compared else where WW

That's strange didn't you used to have in the signature something along the lines of "2011 PS3 will be $199 and sales will explode" or was that 2012? 

yes that was me and it was for 2011 things that changed my mind are

PS3 sales have been pretty good as of late and the 360 not getting a price cut in 2010 had 360 gone to 150 and 250 last yr and selling the most total for tht yr between the 2 HDs as most thought, sony would have no choice but to go to 200 this yr

since non of those things happen i see no reason for sony to jump down to 200 this yr

Play Me

Around the Network
ocean-1984 said:

The end of world is in 2012 so they better hurry up with price cuts.

@BHR-3

You are the prophet!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BHR-3 said:
NotStan said:
BHR-3 said:

$50 cut this fall and again next fall i believe all 3 will get a $50 cut this yr

the wild cards are 360 with a HDD going to 200 and arcade gets axed and the PS3 going to 200, 360 with a HDD going to 200 is more possible of happening in my eyes

if i were sony id do 50 everywhere WW except americas and $100 off for americas this fall, similar to how the 360 is cheaper in EU than the ps3 and wii compared else where WW

That's strange didn't you used to have in the signature something along the lines of "2011 PS3 will be $199 and sales will explode" or was that 2012? 

PS3 sales have been pretty good as of late and the 360 not getting a price cut in 2010 had 360 gone to 150 and 250 last yr and selling the most total for tht yr between the 2 HDs as most thought, sony would have no choice but to go to 200 this yr

since non of those things happen i see no reason for sony to jump down to 200 this yr

Fair enough, I also think that $50 price cut is imminent, especially in the States where PS3 is selling considerably less when compared with competition. I am not sure as to when the $199 will be hit, with the imminent launch of PSP2, the company will likely go into red as is the case of most hardware launches, maybe with the exception of Nintendo. It'll be interesting next two years that's for sure.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

darthdevidem01 said:
ocean-1984 said:

@BHR-3

You are the prophet!

i know

but as much as i believe it will only go to 250 this yr believe you me i would love to see a $200 PS3 this yr not only would there be positives for massive sales both HW and SW for Sony but it will have imo the most positive effect on this very site 

do you guys know that so far this yr to this date PS3 has the most sold? thats never happened... go look at the chartz if you dont believe me

Play Me

i voted this year, but most likely it will be next year. but i guarentee it will drop at least $50 this year.

i give it 40% chance of dropping to $199 this year.

if NGP wasnt releasing this year, ps3 would definitely cost $199 this year

Around the Network
NotStan said:
BHR-3 said:
NotStan said:
BHR-3 said:

Fair enough, I also think that $50 price cut is imminent, especially in the States where PS3 is selling considerably less when compared with competition. I am not sure as to when the $199 will be hit, with the imminent launch of PSP2, the company will likely go into red as is the case of most hardware launches, maybe with the exception of Nintendo. It'll be interesting next two years that's for sure.

fine i had it my sig b/c i was butthurt at 360 relaunch sales at that time, is that what everyone wants to hear

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
NotStan said:
BHR-3 said:
NotStan said:
BHR-3 said:

fine i had it my sig b/c i was butthurt at 360 relaunch sales at that time, is that what everyone wants to hear

No, not really! But good of you to fess up! :p

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Not for a long time guys.... If you watched the DICE 2011 interview with the VP from EEDAR, he commented in there that sony is only making 8 dollars off every console they sell right now.... Sony wont drop the price and loose money again.... they stopped the bleeding, no reason to open the cut again.....

price drop to $199 and PS4 reveal for 2013 launch at E3 2012.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

BHR-3 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ocean-1984 said:

@BHR-3

You are the prophet!

i know

but as much as i believe it will only go to 250 this yr believe you me i would love to see a $200 PS3 this yr not only would there be positives for massive sales both HW and SW for Sony but it will have imo the most positive effect on this very site 

do you guys know that so far this yr to this date PS3 has the most sold? thats never happened... go look at the chartz if you dont believe me

I may be wrong and if I am, please forgive me.  I think that there was one week in January where the powers that be on this site suddenly realized that the PS3 was undertracked by hundreds of thousands of consoles for months and there was an adjustment to set things straight.  Of course, I'm getting old so my memory ain't what it used to be.