By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Call of Duty Questions

SamuelRSmith said:

Personally? I'd suggest getting neither. You should really just pick up CoD4 if you don't have it, and stick with it if you do.  It's the best CoD on the PS3 (campaign wise, I'd say CoD2 was better on the 360), it is the one that made the franchise ridiculously popular for a reason. Sure, the graphics and some of the mechanics of the lobby system are a bit dated now, but the actual gameplay is still much better than any of the other CoDs.

Its completly the same, except in maybe Black Ops, but the diffrence is very small...

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

Personally? I'd suggest getting neither. You should really just pick up CoD4 if you don't have it, and stick with it if you do.  It's the best CoD on the PS3 (campaign wise, I'd say CoD2 was better on the 360), it is the one that made the franchise ridiculously popular for a reason. Sure, the graphics and some of the mechanics of the lobby system are a bit dated now, but the actual gameplay is still much better than any of the other CoDs.

Its completly the same, except in maybe Black Ops, but the diffrence is very small...

It's really not, MW2 is far less balanced than CoD4, the excessive customization and rewards of later CoDs have made the process of levelling and unlocking far more unsatisying. WaW would have been perfect if it wasn't for the dogs, imho.

I had a lot of fun playing MW2 multiplayer but BO is much better. The improvements made makes for a much more balanced game. No more killstreak kills counting towards the next killstreak, no more endless supply of claymores if you used the scavenger perk, and my favorite by far, no more little pricks doing that bullshit with the tactical insertion. I used to get so distracted hunting those A-holes down whenever they were in a game. I also like the weapons and the playercard customization, get this, you can make a dick if you want to and, he-he, have it on your weapon. I'm just making a joke of that last part but it's true you can do that. I've also noticed that the audio is punchier in BO.

Then there is combat training, bots, zombies, wager matches, file share and so on. It just offers much more. I'm not much into campaigns so I can't comment there. Also, I'm not a PS3 owner but my points still apply either way.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Black Ops is a better game than MW2. The single player is much better, the online is bustling and the zombie mode is great fun in co-op. It's more expensive though.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

SamuelRSmith said:
pizzahut451 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

It's really not, MW2 is far less balanced than CoD4, the excessive customization and rewards of later CoDs have made the process of levelling and unlocking far more unsatisying. WaW would have been perfect if it wasn't for the dogs, imho.

But the gameplay itself isnt changed much(easy aim, no recoil, innaccurate snipers, god granade physics), and i assumed you were talking about single player

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
pizzahut451 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

But the gameplay itself isnt changed much(easy aim, no recoil, innaccurate snipers, god granade physics), and i assumed you were talking about single player

No, the basics haven't changed much, it's still an arcade shooter. But since CoD4 flashiness and cool upgrades seemed prioritized over balance, frustration, and satisfaction.

Get Call of Duty 4

Barozi said:

Get Call of Duty 4

Hasn't the game kind of aged now? My assumption was that MW2 and Blops would have at least looked better.

Also not too attracted to 4 because of the lack of trophies.

Fufinu said:
Barozi said:

Get Call of Duty 4

Hasn't the game kind of aged now? My assumption was that MW2 and Blops would have at least looked better.

4 is awesome. First 360 game I got and I was just Wowed by it, probably the first modern shooter that I almost made a mess in my pants for. In terms of gameplay I'd say it's the most balanced, followed closely by Black Ops, I'd recommend wholeheartedly that you skip MW2, unless you want to know the story from COD4.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Fufinu said:
Barozi said:

Get Call of Duty 4

Graphically the difference isn't so big. One of the best campaigns in FPS history and waay above any other COD.

Great multiplayer maps too though the only annoying thing is that you can extend your killstreak with helicopters/air strikes etc.