By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY has to be the best publisher going around

evolution_1ne said:

WOW this thread is so full of fail, from veteran members to, you Nintendo fans have gone off the fucking deep end with some of the stupidest shit I've ever read.

anyway OP your wrong. The best in this case is subjective, it's all got to do with personal preference. Statistically speaking it's not the best at all Nintendo is.

lol this thread is pretty stupid though, like i said, if the op wanted it to be a sony circle jerk, he could have at least posted it in the sony discussion. it was made to start a flame war

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Around the Network

Of course they are, they have more IPs that both Microsoft and Nintendo combined

jarrod said:

I'd say Nintendo's better largely because they actually manage to support 2 platforms well simultaneously.  Sony looks great from a PS3 only perspective, but when you bring PSP into it...

The other thing about Sony, is that while they have introduced a lot of new 1st party IPs this gen (and they do every gen) they also iterate on them faster than any other 1st party and pump out sequels like clockwork.  We're already on threequels for most of their big new PS3 IPs, which feels a bit excessive imo.

Faster than Nintendo, I'd agree, but Microsoft's already working on their third Forza game, third Gears game, and fourth Halo game this gen.

DKHustlin said:
evolution_1ne said:

WOW this thread is so full of fail, from veteran members to, you Nintendo fans have gone off the fucking deep end with some of the stupidest shit I've ever read.

anyway OP your wrong. The best in this case is subjective, it's all got to do with personal preference. Statistically speaking it's not the best at all Nintendo is.

lol this thread is pretty stupid though, like i said, if the op wanted it to be a sony circle jerk, he could have at least posted it in the sony discussion. it was made to start a flame war

I don't think it was made to start a flame war, no doubt it should have been in the Sony discussion and the title should have had "one of" and or "In my opinion" mentioned somewhere.

but the amount of illogical bullshit going around here is just mind boggling.

mantlepiecek said:
jarrod said:
mantlepiecek said:

Nintendo : Lacks genres. Simple. Platformer, rpgs, and that's it. No action, no tpses, nothing. You may get once in a generation a unique title, but that's more luck than intention.

lolwut?  The majority of games Nintendo's published this gen actually fall outside those two genres.  Just because Nintendo basically rapes everyone else when it comes to platformers (and RPGs too honestly), doesn't mean that's all they've got.  

mantlepiecek said:

Here's the thing with sony, if you don't like a franchise, you are not forced to like it. If I don't like platformers it would make little sense for me to get a wii. If I don't like halo or fpses it would make little sense for me to get a 360. 

What about the PS3? If I don't like LBP, Ratchet and Clank, I can get it for Infamous, Yakuza 3. If I don't like Infamous, I can get it for Uncharted and God of War. I don't like that either? Fine, I will get it for GT and motorstorm. I don't like racing games? OK, I will get it for Demon's Souls!

Don't like Action rpgs either? Get it for Atelier Rorona or another JRPG. Don't like jrpgs? Get it for an adventure game like Heavy Rain. Don't like good stories? Well get it for MGS 4! Don't like stealth? Get it for FPSes like resistance and killzone.

You should get the point I am trying to make here by now. If not, well, then I can't really say much.

lol.  Your point is shit.  Wii has far, far more than just platformers.  Again, just because it's the best console for platformers, doesn't mean that's all it has.  Same exact story for 360 and FPS. 360 is inarguably the place for FPS, but even if you hate FPS, 360 still has an insane amount of great games in other genres.   In fact, both Wii and 360 have a selection of good titles in every genre you just listed (racing games, action RPGs, RPGs, adventure games, FPSes, platformers, stealth games, etc), some even better genre representation than PS3 does.  It's especially laughable for 360, given it shares 90% of it's library with PS3.

And they are? What are they? Lol @ your wii has more than platformers BS. Racing games : You mean casual Mario Kart? SO just say it, wii has more casual games than anything else. Do you have a Car simulator? Or even an exclusive zombie shooter? How come you only look at blu-ray releases when there are PSN releases as well? You know they will sh*t on your "variety" if you talk about them, that's why.

PS3 has all the casual games on PSN. Games like mario kart (modnation racers, which I didn't even list lmao) are replaced by joe danger and other PSN exclusives.

So tell me, how many FPS does the wii have again? Exclusive, that is. How many car simulators does it have? How many platformers does it have?

How many tpses does it have?

I already said 360 has more variety than the wii. I was right. Take its XBLA into account, and the upcoming kinect releases, and then your casual variety is destroyed as well.

Well, looking just at Nintendo's Wii lineup...

Platformers

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • Wario Land: Shake It!
  • New PlayControl! Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition

RPGs

• Super Paper Mario
  • Pokemon Battle Revolution (sort of)
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
  • Captain Rainbow
  • Takt of Magic
  • Xenoblade
  • The Last Story

Games that aren't either

• Wii Sports (sports)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (adventure)
  • Excite Truck (racing)
  • Wii Play (minigame)
  • Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (minigame)
  • Eyeshield 21: The fField's Greatest Warrior (sports)
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (quiz)
  • Mario Party 8 (minigame)
  • Mario Strikers Charged (sports)
  • Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (racing)
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (adventure)
  • BWii: Battalion Wars 2 (strategy)
  • Link's Crossbow Training (shooting)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (sports)
  • Endless Ocean (simulation)
  • Everybody's General Knowledge Training (quiz)
  • Wii Chess (puzzle)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (fighting)
  • Mario Kart Wii (racing)
  • Wii Fit (exercise)
  • Disaster: Day of Crisis (action)
  • Mario Super Sluggers (sports)
  • Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (horror)
  • Wii Music (rhythm)
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk (communication)
  • New Play Control! Pikmin (strategy)
  • New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (sports)
  • Excitebots: Trick Racing (racing)
  • Punch-Out!! (sports)
  • New Play Control! Pikmin 2 (strategy)
  • Trace Memory R: A Journey into Lost Memories (adventure)
  • New Play Control! Chibi-Robo (adventure)
  • Wii Sports Resort (sports)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy (adventure)
  • Wii Fit Plus (exercise)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (sports)
  • NHK Red & White Quiz Battle (quiz)
  • Reginliev the Slasher (action)
  • Endless Ocean: Blue World (simulation)
  • And-Kensaku (quiz)
  • Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (shooting)
  • Metroid: Other M (adventure)
  • Wii Party (minigame)
  • FlingSmash (puzzle)
  • PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure (minigame)
  • Mario Sports Mix (sports)

...yes, even with just Nintendo alone, there's obviously no variety whatsoever. ;)

And if I added Wii's digital services (which you seem to be arguing for in your PSN diatribe), the results would be even more lopsided. 

Cherrypicking specific subgenres is always going to leave a deficit, regardless of the platform.  Where are PS3's roguelikes?  It's rail shooters?  It's sidescrolling action RPGs?  Actually, even among the ones you listed, does PS3 have any exclusive racing sims besides GT5?  Does it have any exclusive zombie shooters at all?

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
jarrod said:

I'd say Nintendo's better largely because they actually manage to support 2 platforms well simultaneously.  Sony looks great from a PS3 only perspective, but when you bring PSP into it...

The other thing about Sony, is that while they have introduced a lot of new 1st party IPs this gen (and they do every gen) they also iterate on them faster than any other 1st party and pump out sequels like clockwork.  We're already on threequels for most of their big new PS3 IPs, which feels a bit excessive imo.

Faster than Nintendo, I'd agree, but Microsoft's already working on their third Forza game, third Gears game, and fourth Halo game this gen.

I'd agree MS does the same with their big names.  Forza, Fable, Halo and Gears.  PGR used to be in there too until it fell off.  Saying they're on their 4th Halo this gen though is a bit disingenuous, it's like saying GT5 is SCE's 2nd GT this gen.  Plus, the next Halo's likely just a remake.

evolution_1ne said:

right people totally stoped buying the psp becasue Nintendo published Nintendogs.........

Ummm no, but DS's sales skyrocketed.

Insomniac are not a Sony studio.

superchunk said:
evolution_1ne said:

right people totally stoped buying the psp becasue Nintendo published Nintendogs.........

Ummm no, but DS's sales skyrocketed.

exactly my fucking point.

now please tell the rest of these Nintendo fans the prospect of just simply selling MORE

DS did destroy the PSP.....it sold more

Wii didn't destroy the PS3......it just sold more

PS2 didn't destroy the GC................it obliterated it

evolution_1ne said:

exactly my fucking point.

now please tell the rest of these Nintendo fans the prospect of just simply selling MORE

DS did destroy the PSP.....it sold more

Wii didn't destroy the PS3......it just sold more

PS2 didn't destroy the GC................it obliterated it

oh, so you're of the point that because the PS1/2 were so high in dominating their markets that Sony as a publisher is better. However, you're ignoring the primary reason why PS1/2 sold so much better. 3rd party exclusives... not 1st party.

Now let's look at why all Nintendo handhelds dominate and why Wii has dominated.... 1st party. See the difference?

Back to my original point, Nintendo is clearly the best publisher as proven that it can sustain its hardware almost exclusively off its own software. Sony cannot do that.