By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY has to be the best publisher going around

Demonslayersoultaker said:
jarrod said:
mantlepiecek said:

Nintendo : Lacks genres. Simple. Platformer, rpgs, and that's it. No action, no tpses, nothing. You may get once in a generation a unique title, but that's more luck than intention.

lolwut?  The majority of games Nintendo's published this gen actually fall outside those two genres.  Just because Nintendo basically rapes everyone else when it comes to platformers (and RPGs too honestly), doesn't mean that's all they've got.  

mantlepiecek said:

Here's the thing with sony, if you don't like a franchise, you are not forced to like it. If I don't like platformers it would make little sense for me to get a wii. If I don't like halo or fpses it would make little sense for me to get a 360. 

What about the PS3? If I don't like LBP, Ratchet and Clank, I can get it for Infamous, Yakuza 3. If I don't like Infamous, I can get it for Uncharted and God of War. I don't like that either? Fine, I will get it for GT and motorstorm. I don't like racing games? OK, I will get it for Demon's Souls!

Don't like Action rpgs either? Get it for Atelier Rorona or another JRPG. Don't like jrpgs? Get it for an adventure game like Heavy Rain. Don't like good stories? Well get it for MGS 4! Don't like stealth? Get it for FPSes like resistance and killzone.

You should get the point I am trying to make here by now. If not, well, then I can't really say much.

lol.  Your point is shit.  Wii has far, far more than just platformers.  Again, just because it's the best console for platformers, doesn't mean that's all it has.  Same exact story for 360 and FPS. 360 is inarguably the place for FPS, but even if you hate FPS, 360 still has an insane amount of great games in other genres.   In fact, both Wii and 360 have a selection of good titles in every genre you just listed (racing games, action RPGs, RPGs, adventure games, FPSes, platformers, stealth games, etc), some even better genre representation than PS3 does.  It's especially laughable for 360, given it shares 90% of it's library with PS3.

He listed the games, you didn't, I'm not arguing with you I'm just saying actually mentioning the games you are talking about would make your point alot better, because I can't think of any non shooter/sports (racing counts as sport) game on 360 that did well

AC1 5 Million 

AC2 4.5 Million

GH3 4.4 Million

Fable 2 4 Million

Oblivion 3.5 Million

A few examples since I'm lazy so I don't feel like going on and since I am lazy I showed games that haven't been overkilled bundle like Kung-Fu Panda though Fable did have some.

Former something....

Around the Network

He listed the games, you didn't, I'm not arguing with you I'm just saying actually mentioning the games you are talking about would make your point alot better, because I can't think of any non shooter/sports (racing counts as sport) game on 360 that did well

Did well? So we're back to sales?  Okay, Nintendo wins, Sony's in last place forever, thread over.

360 has great games in nearly every genre.  In just the genres said above, Oblivion, Dead Rising, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Nier, Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown, Assassin's Creed II, Tales of Vesperia, Red Dead Redemption, like a thousand JP ADVs... I mean really, come on.  Do I really have to keep naming games forever?

jarrod said:

Did well? So we're back to sales?  Okay, Nintendo wins, Sony's in last place forever, thread over.

360 has great games in nearly every genre.  In just the genres said above, Oblivion, Dead Rising, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Nier, Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown, Assassin's Creed II, Tales of Vesperia, Red Dead Redemption, like a thousand JP ADVs... I mean really, come on.  Do I really have to keep naming games forever?

I thought we were talking exclusives as in published by MS or Sony or Nintendo 

jarrod said:

I thought we were talking exclusives

Well, over half the games I named were exclusives, and they still hit every genre except ARPGs.  So take your pick from KUF Circle of Doom, Mass Effect or... uh.. Infinite Undiscovery I guess. :/

Not that it matters much, Wii's easily the ARPG king this gen.  Muramasa, DQ Swords, Monster Hunter Tri, Rune Factory Frontier, Fragile Dreams, Earth Seeker, The Last Story... so much goodness.

I cannot agree personally...

Tease.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
jarrod said:

I thought we were talking exclusives

Well, over half the games I named were exclusives, and they still hit every genre except ARPGs.  So take your pick from KUF Circle of Doom, Mass Effect or... uh.. Infinite Undiscovery I guess. :/

Not that it matters much, Wii's easily the ARPG king this gen.  Muramasa, DQ Swords, Monster Hunter Tri, Rune Factory Frontier, Fragile Dreams, Earth Seeker, The Last Story... so much goodness.

They hit the genres but aside from mass effect (which is more shooter) it doesn't him them well and the sales reflect that and wii does hit alot of genres that do well but they seem to only hit about half of what Sony hits 

LOL??? microsoft as best publisher? ROFLMAO!

OT: well just look @ all the games were getting exclusively on PS3 this year alone nuff said.

jarrod said:
mantlepiecek said:

Nintendo : Lacks genres. Simple. Platformer, rpgs, and that's it. No action, no tpses, nothing. You may get once in a generation a unique title, but that's more luck than intention.

lolwut?  The majority of games Nintendo's published this gen actually fall outside those two genres.  Just because Nintendo basically rapes everyone else when it comes to platformers (and RPGs too honestly), doesn't mean that's all they've got.  

mantlepiecek said:

Here's the thing with sony, if you don't like a franchise, you are not forced to like it. If I don't like platformers it would make little sense for me to get a wii. If I don't like halo or fpses it would make little sense for me to get a 360. 

What about the PS3? If I don't like LBP, Ratchet and Clank, I can get it for Infamous, Yakuza 3. If I don't like Infamous, I can get it for Uncharted and God of War. I don't like that either? Fine, I will get it for GT and motorstorm. I don't like racing games? OK, I will get it for Demon's Souls!

Don't like Action rpgs either? Get it for Atelier Rorona or another JRPG. Don't like jrpgs? Get it for an adventure game like Heavy Rain. Don't like good stories? Well get it for MGS 4! Don't like stealth? Get it for FPSes like resistance and killzone.

You should get the point I am trying to make here by now. If not, well, then I can't really say much.

lol.  Your point is shit.  Wii has far, far more than just platformers.  Again, just because it's the best console for platformers, doesn't mean that's all it has.  Same exact story for 360 and FPS. 360 is inarguably the place for FPS, but even if you hate FPS, 360 still has an insane amount of great games in other genres.   In fact, both Wii and 360 have a selection of good titles in every genre you just listed (racing games, action RPGs, RPGs, adventure games, FPSes, platformers, stealth games, etc), some even better genre representation than PS3 does.  It's especially laughable for 360, given it shares 90% of it's library with PS3.

And they are? What are they? Lol @ your wii has more than platformers BS. Racing games : You mean casual Mario Kart? SO just say it, wii has more casual games than anything else. Do you have a Car simulator? Or even an exclusive zombie shooter? How come you only look at blu-ray releases when there are PSN releases as well? You know they will sh*t on your "variety" if you talk about them, that's why.

PS3 has all the casual games on PSN. Games like mario kart (modnation racers, which I didn't even list lmao) are replaced by joe danger and other PSN exclusives.

So tell me, how many FPS does the wii have again? Exclusive, that is. How many car simulators does it have? How many platformers does it have?

How many tpses does it have?

I already said 360 has more variety than the wii. I was right. Take its XBLA into account, and the upcoming kinect releases, and then your casual variety is destroyed as well.

WOW this thread is so full of fail, from veteran members to, you Nintendo fans have gone off the fucking deep end with some of the stupidest shit I've ever read.

anyway OP your wrong. The best in this case is subjective, it's all got to do with personal preference. Statistically speaking it's not the best at all Nintendo is.

superchunk said:
LivingMetal said:
superchunk said:

I 100% disagree.

I think a good way to determine if Sony is the best publisher is to ask yourself if Sony's hardware could survive by almost entirely its own published software? To me the answer is absolutely not.

Sony has been making a lot of money off of their software, so you are wrong.

You're missing the point. N64, GCN were both far more profitable than PS1 and PS2 and Nintendo had very little to no 3rd party support. Why? Nintendo software is very desired. Sony could never support its hardware predominately off its own software. They like MS require substantial 3rd party support.

Nintendo portables have always been dominate. Why? Pokemon, Brain Age, Nintendogs, etc, etc. Nitnendo software. NDS is a clear example of this. PSP was holding its own until Nintendo pushed out Nintendogs. That one title destroyed PSP's changes.

Wii is another great example. Motion didn't sell Wii, Wii Sports followed by Wii Fit did.

right people totally stoped buying the psp becasue Nintendo published Nintendogs.........