By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people think a game that sold more is automatically better?

slowmo said:
Edgeoflife said:
slowmo said:
LivingMetal said:
slowmo said:

So now we've got to the route of what is troubling Living Metal and Edgeoflife.  Sorry for entering what I thought might be a genuine debate when in fact is proven to be 2 PS3 trolls stirring for the sake of it. 

Heres a fact, the 360 exclusives all sell better than their PS3 counterparts, now we know why you're both desperate to try and make this seem bad/wrong.

I cannot speak for Edgeoflife, but could you please specifically show me how did you come to this conclusion of me with examples?

I thought you'd left it at that?  Oh hang on then you posted again on a comment not directed at you...

Don't go pointing fingers then protesting your innocence, if you light a match you're still guilty if you accidently set a blaze going.

Frankly you seem more guilty of what you are accusing us of then we do, I've stuck to the facts you've created blatant lies in favor of the 360 

Please tell me what lies I've told you. 

You made an acccusation that I brought the 360 into this when I already proved it was you who did in your OP.  Would you care for me to find the next time you brough it in too.  Please stop making a fool out of yourself.

He was referring to a person's potenial flawed point OF view, not the console itself.  Here is where you are "lying" by taking things out of context whether you meant it or not as I have pointed out twice, now three times.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

>_______________>

I'm going to try to spell this out as clear as I can, as I know I'm not always the clearest. 

1. I at no point said one game was better then another based on sales anywhere in this thread.

2. The entire point I've been argueing in this thread is that yes, sales of a game can be a good judge of if it is good or not.

3. Good games that sell badly =/= bad game. Just like I said in my first post. If a game sells millions on millions of copies it is going to have to have a good word of mouth. Bad games don't hit that mark

4. Just because product A sells more then product B does not mean it's better

5. If you are going to base a statement that heavily supports your argument be prepared for someone to ask for a source to back it up.

Now we have been basically been agreeing this whole time...

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:
LivingMetal said:

>_______________>

I'm going to try to spell this out as clear as I can, as I know I'm not always the clearest. 

1. I at no point said one game was better then another based on sales anywhere in this thread.

2. The entire point I've been argueing in this thread is that yes, sales of a game can be a good judge of if it is good or not.

3. Good games that sell badly =/= bad game. Just like I said in my first post. If a game sells millions on millions of copies it is going to have to have a good word of mouth. Bad games don't hit that mark

5. If you are going to base a statement that heavily supports your argument be prepared for someone to ask for a source to back it up.

I've disagreed with that point the whole time, sales are not even a good indicater, certain sales patterns/trends can indicate a good game but the sum of sales are a horrible inidcater, too many variables 

LivingMetal said:
slowmo said:
Edgeoflife said:
slowmo said:
LivingMetal said:
slowmo said:

So now we've got to the route of what is troubling Living Metal and Edgeoflife.  Sorry for entering what I thought might be a genuine debate when in fact is proven to be 2 PS3 trolls stirring for the sake of it. 

Heres a fact, the 360 exclusives all sell better than their PS3 counterparts, now we know why you're both desperate to try and make this seem bad/wrong.

I cannot speak for Edgeoflife, but could you please specifically show me how did you come to this conclusion of me with examples?

I thought you'd left it at that?  Oh hang on then you posted again on a comment not directed at you...

Don't go pointing fingers then protesting your innocence, if you light a match you're still guilty if you accidently set a blaze going.

Frankly you seem more guilty of what you are accusing us of then we do, I've stuck to the facts you've created blatant lies in favor of the 360 

Please tell me what lies I've told you. 

You made an acccusation that I brought the 360 into this when I already proved it was you who did in your OP.  Would you care for me to find the next time you brough it in too.  Please stop making a fool out of yourself.

He was referring to a person's potenial flawed point fo view, not the console itself.  Here is where you are "lying" by taking things out of context whether you meant it or not as I have pointed out twice, now three times.

So you're saying the fact he has already admitted in the OP that this entire debate centers around the fact he had a disagreement pertaining to sales because of how PS3 and 360 sales stack up that I've taken everything out of context?

His comment regarding the 360 beating the PS3 sales for the first 4 years and how it would have outsold the 360 had they launched at the same time (without evidence obviously in the latter example) both of which were off topic weren't trolling?  Please tell me what context I should have taken those statements as, cmon I'm actually interested if you can be honest and not another posters personal puppet.  So far you've backed every single statement he's made including the hugely flawed one's.  If you don't want yours or his statements to be taken out of context then I suggest you express them better.  For instance the comment you made regarding my honesty was obviously not sarcastic in the slightest was it?

As for you Edgeoflife, I've already said the exclusives was an error not a "blatant" lie yet you could still be proven wrong as I get to chose the metric having made the statement.  I stand by the fact that I called you a troll with an agenda and feel you've proven me right on both counts with both your OP and off topic posts designed to inflame the debate.  This isn't a lie, merely a statement of fact as I've read your posts.  If you feel I'm out of order then report me and get me banned, I'll not lose sleep over it.

Just ignore this guy, I'm sick of him putting words into my mouth and taking things out of context and it will probably bug him more then getting banned

Around the Network
Edgeoflife said:

I've disagreed with that point the whole time, sales are not even a good indicater, certain sales patterns/trends can indicate a good game but the sum of sales are a horrible inidcater, too many variables 

Give me a list of games that can be argued as bad that have sold really really well, please.

inb4 Wii series.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Jumping in late to sya that people need to stop acting like the world is black and white because sometimes better selling games are really good while other times bad selling games are really good. For both camps to say one side of the issue is right and the other is wrong is only usling the type of linear thinking that only leads to dogmatic thinking that only creates foolish arguing and inmany cases in human history bloody wars and millions of lives wasted.

The world is not black and white and one means beliefg will always remain his own. I would say Dead Space is epic, but it hardly sell and I would also say Red Dead Redemption is epic and it has sold preety danm well.

Now kiss and make up.

Nobody can ever quote me on this later I might forget it. :D

dsister said:
LivingMetal said:

>_______________>

Thanks for effort.  I really do appreciate that.  And I really tried to not come off as a jerk.  Sometimes it's hard to get a point across over the interwebs which is no excuse for my mistakes.  Respect, man.  Thanks.

Edgeoflife said:

Just ignore this guy, I'm sick of him putting words into my mouth and taking things out of context and it will probably bug him more then getting banned

Word.

Edgeoflife said:
dsister said:
Edgeoflife said:

You haven't played any of them have you

I own and have played Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicle

Then you have some serious delusions about FF13, I tried it at a friends house yesterday, I couldn't even play it, it was too easy, the only deaths were the cheap ones, the game was so linaer and boring, I wouldn't be surprized if it was beatable with your eyes closed 

You're judging a game after only one try at a friend's house? And a JRPG on top of that?

That's just wrong and as a gamer you should know better.