By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will your favourite game of all time ever be topped?

so long as Kojima keep doing MGS ill get a new favorite game again and again...cause the newest entry is for that time always my favorite and than after playing it through at least 3 times i decide what perfect MGS is my favorite...but overall they are all perfect and my favorites for me...so logical-wise my next favorite game will be MGS5 PS4...

but  MAYBE Nomura will sit down on my throne a little time because FF Versus looks perfect for me...i think i will heavily enjoy that Nomura magic...hmm who knows who knows ^^

Around the Network

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Yes,but, not anytime soon.

my favourite game of all time is Majora's Mask. I desperately hope it can be topped, but I don't believe it. I also love Super Mario Galaxy and Pokemon Blue/Red Gold/Silver

So what exactly do people mean by it won't be beaten for a while...1 year, 2 years, 5 years?  It just doesn't make sense because we have no clue of every game coming out in the next year, 2 years, or 5 years.  A game more marvelous than any other game a lot of us have ever played could very well come out.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

1. Super Metroid/Metroid Prime/Shadow of the Colossus.

2. Maybe some day. Right now, though, there doesn't appear to be anything on the horizon, that might even have a chance at coming close to those three.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:

So what exactly do people mean by it won't be beaten for a while...1 year, 2 years, 5 years?  It just doesn't make sense because we have no clue of every game coming out in the next year, 2 years, or 5 years.  A game more marvelous than any other game a lot of us have ever played could very well come out.

speculation can be fun

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Heat said:
dtewi said:
Heat said:

1. Persona 4

2. No - well not from this gen anyway. The only type of game I reckon could top it for me would be another story-driven JRPG and this gen has been pretty bad for that IMO. Maybe Persona 5 will be just as fresh and exciting as P4, or maybe I should look back to Persona 3...

Persona 3 is much better than Persona 4.... in story anyway. The gameplay is not as good as P4. P4 was an incredible game, but one thing that bugged me was that its plot mostly derived from plot twist instead of any real development or thinking.

P3 just dominates in that area. Most incredible character development I've ever seen, though it's music is not as good as P4.

Persona 3 is my favorite game ever though.

I've played like the first two hours of Persona 3, and I was starting to doubt whether it was anywhere near as good as P4. IMO, the characters didn't seem as deep or likeable, that Taturus place was really dull and the city setting wasn't as enjoyable as the rural-ness of P4.

I either felt I should give up and avoid disappointment or continue and hope the game gets better as it went along. I chose the former. But the story is a very big part of the game to me in an RPG - is it really better? I'll take your word for it and restart P3 again this half term, but to me, at the first couple of hours anyway, there seemed to be nothing going for the game storywise.

P3 characters are really deep. You can't tell anything from the first two hours really.

And yes, Tartarus is a bad dungeon. You can't use a Goho-M to save, it's repetetive, takes a lot longer to level up, and the combat is slower. It's a major fault. But, I think it's nice.

So try it again.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

zelda (first, also my first big game... although i tried many when my cousin brought her (yes her) nes during the summer , Zelda was what I fel in love with)

won't ever be topped in my mind

(i feel similar to FF VI (not my first rpg), SoM and CT (all different in style). On PC I have a fondness for WCII (my first strat game) but it has been topped by SC ^^)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Mad55 said:

nothing tops tales of symphonia! ever.

Was going to post the same thing as this, But I haven't played Tales of the abyss of Vesperia so It may very well be topped.