By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Duke Nukem Forever - OMG!!!

naznatips said:

Remember kids, in DNF speak, 2008 translates to roughly 2018. Duke Nukem Forever = Playstation 6 and Xbox 1440 multiplat. There will be a spinoff on the Wiiiii though.

Also, dschumm your sig is stupid. Just thought I'd let you know. Not to say that Duke Nukem Forever isn't going to absolutely suck, but delays to an extent can certainly help a game. For example: Brawl was delayed to add Sonic and online play. Both were not in the "original intended content or quality level." Duke Nukem Forever has been delayed Forever because the developers suck. Delays can be good.

Naz do you have any proof of that at all? Where do you gather that the brawl delay was specifically put in place to add online play and Sonic?  In fact, online play was probobly the first thing in their "original intended content level" since it was the very first thing Iwata said about the game upon its announcement.

I love you Naz but I'd really like to see you back up that claim. 

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

i will be insta buying this.

ssj12 said:
Pk9394 said:
This is a joke, after almost 11 years in the making all they can come up with is a god damn pre-rendered cut scene, they might as well kill the game and pack up their bags and close down the company.

no rthats not pre-rendered. Thats in-engine and some gameplay/enemies shown. UE2 is actualy an impressive engine for what it is.

No thats not really UE2. Brossard has said that they started with UE2, but almost every part of the engine is now entirely new code. Unless you're counting the level editor, lol.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Avalach21 said:
naznatips said:

Remember kids, in DNF speak, 2008 translates to roughly 2018. Duke Nukem Forever = Playstation 6 and Xbox 1440 multiplat. There will be a spinoff on the Wiiiii though.

Also, dschumm your sig is stupid. Just thought I'd let you know. Not to say that Duke Nukem Forever isn't going to absolutely suck, but delays to an extent can certainly help a game. For example: Brawl was delayed to add Sonic and online play. Both were not in the "original intended content or quality level." Duke Nukem Forever has been delayed Forever because the developers suck. Delays can be good.

Naz do you have any proof of that at all? Where do you gather that the brawl delay was specifically put in place to add online play and Sonic? In fact, online play was probobly the first thing in their "original intended content level" since it was the very first thing Iwata said about the game upon its announcement.

The delay is still adding content that wouldn't be there if they tried to release on schedule. Delays aren't for adding in new stuff you just thought of but getting what you are doing done correctly. Just the fact that the game improves over the delay period puts it beyond debate. Delays do make the game better.  But that doesn't mean improvements are linear with time.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Avalach21 said:
naznatips said:

Naz do you have any proof of that at all? Where do you gather that the brawl delay was specifically put in place to add online play and Sonic? In fact, online play was probobly the first thing in their "original intended content level" since it was the very first thing Iwata said about the game upon its announcement.

The delay is still adding content that wouldn't be there if they tried to release on schedule. Delays aren't for adding in new stuff you just thought of but getting what you are doing done correctly. Just the fact that the game improves over the delay period puts it beyond debate. Delays do make the game better. But that doesn't mean improvements are linear with time.

Yep, I agree.  I believe that's where the "Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality" part of his signature comes into play.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network
naznatips said:

I could just as easily say that Brawl was delayed because of manufacturing problems with the discs or the hardware shortage. Personally I believe that they held it back because there was plenty of games already and they thought it would serve 2008 better. They have already said they want to move away from focusing all their titles on the Christmas season.

But belief in any of these theories doesn't make them true. If nintendo comes out and tells us why it is delayed, then I will believe it. All they have said is how awesome it is. And you expect me to believe that in the last couple months of production of one of the biggest games this generation the most sucessful developer in the game suddenly discovered this thing called online and decided to add it. Please....

And if you actually read my sig I didn't say delays wouldn't help a game. They are just a result of poor planning/development that caused a game to be unfinished. These games will certainly be better by completing that last 10% or so. 

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I'm very happy to see that

it brings back alot of memories...

You can tell im a very big Duke Nukem fan... My sig

Eh, I've never played any of them. Hell, I was a wee bit too young for those games then. However, I can't say I'd be wanting it based on that trailer. To me, it looked like yet another generic shooter, but maybe that's how the Duke Nukem games really are?

On another note, if anybody (probably more PC/Valve fan related) knows about 'Valve Time', does the fact that Duke Nukem: Forever is in production signify the end of the world?

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

hold on, my post for this topic is coming.  It's going to be amazing, just you wait.  soon...i promise.  Yeah, it will blow you away, just any minute now.

I have the feeling this game is going to suck, not because it will be bad, just because we have so many shooters and for a shooter to stand out it has to be AAA material. I think it will be like another shooter with a great title/franchise to drive sales. I hope I'm wrong.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d