By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Does this site employ fanboys to report videogame news?

This article struck me as muckraking by a fanboy, with other fanboy statements thrown in for balance:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/84063/japan-declares-the-ps3-the-winner-of-the-console-war/

This article goes off and declares one survey by a single Japanese videogame magazine = all of Japan.  The article then speaks a comment about Japanese tastes being weird, and asks whether or not videogame magazines should declare winners.

I am at a loss as to explain how UNPROFESSIONAL this entire article is.  It is apparently not just a one shot deal, but also looks like stuff I happen again and again.  You get this personal spin in a news item, that doesn't just report news but apparently has a muckraking, rile them up angle.  I will let others point to it.  Personally, I wish that this site be professional in its news articles, and reviews.  Leave the fanboyism for the discussion area.

Around the Network

Don't even know if the writer has an account, or not. So he most likely won't respond to your opinion, maybe Naz will.

Personally I don't pay attention to VGC news, unless it is Stephen Kelley article. (Actually Kantor is pretty funny sometimes as well, like the facebook article recently up). (Ya I like VGC news for humour.)

It isn't the first time I've seen an article like this. Site is heading down the dumps if you ask me.

i've commented several times on the crap news reporting. All feedback gone unnoticed.

This one takes the cake of bad reporting.

short answer, yes, yes it indeed does

Around the Network

This is the kind of thing I would expect from certain other websites, not this site

We have a news section? really?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Cobretti2 said:

i've commented several times on the crap news reporting. All feedback gone unnoticed.

This one takes the cake of bad reporting.

no it doesn't, there are other equally biased news reports......

I love this site but I would never read it for the news.  Every time I check the news page (which admittedly isn't that often at all) there's always some horribly unprofessional story.

The last time I checked it, the story was about some obviously completely false rumor but still for some reason reporting it (and sadly can't remember what that was, only that I griped about it).  No offense to anyone on this site, but there's not much of a reason to read the news section.  The good stories you can find better written somewhere else and then there are the bad stories that other sites have the common sense not to run.

just fot hits,hits, and more hits nuff said

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.