By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell most Week 1? Lifetime?

Which will sell most Week 1? Lifetime?

Skyward Sword (Week 1) 15 7.69%

Uncharted 3 (Week 1) 16 8.21%

Gears Of War 3 (Week 1) 88 45.13%

Skyward Sword (Lifetime) 37 18.97%

Uncharted 3 (Lifetime) 21 10.77%

Gears of War 3 (Lifetime) 18 9.23%

Total:195
ethomaz said:

Why people thinks Zelda could sell more than Gears 3 lifetime???

I can't understant because the last Zelda for Wii sold 5.8 million... the last Gears sold near 6.1 million... and Gears 2 is selling better than Zelda actually.

Gears 3 will sell more than Zelda.

The lastest Zelda was released at te start of the console's lifetime, with a much smaller userbase (0, lol), was split on two consoles and wasn't as big a step forward as this. So 7-8mil, or around the same as OoT seems likely

I think people saying that UC3 will outsell Zelda week 1 is where the issue is. UC3 will not be a million-seller day one, the other two will

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

gears 1st week and LT but U3 will give its LT a run for its money

the outcome of this prediction is kinda known already a better question would be

will MW3 sell more (1st week or LT) than the past CODs? particularly MW2 and BO

No, not really.

Most people say it'll be Gears 3>>Zelda>>>Uncharted FW, and Zelda>Gears 3>>>>>>>>>>UC3

So the fact you reckon UC3 will be close is not really what others say, so there's still no definite winner. And the poll suggests that

Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

I can't understant because the last Zelda for Wii sold 5.8 million... the last Gears sold near 6.1 million... and Gears 2 is selling better than Zelda actually.

The lastest Zelda was released at te start of the console's lifetime, with a much smaller userbase (0, lol), was split on two consoles and wasn't as big a step forward as this. So 7-8mil, or around the same as OoT seems likely

I think people saying that UC3 will outsell Zelda week 1 is where the issue is. UC3 will not be a million-seller day one, the other two will

Of course Uncharted 3 will do 1 million FW. No brainer really.

gears 3

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Gears first week- zelda lifetime

Uncharted 3 wins my heart

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Uncharted 1-133k

Uncharted 2- 850k

Sure, it increased a lot from the original, but the original had a terrible opening, and is still having steady sales. Even with a 10% increase, it won't be a million-seller first week...

I reckon it'll be close (950-1mil?) But it isn't a certainty

Conegamer said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Uncharted 1-133k

Uncharted 2- 850k

Sure, it increased a lot from the original, but the original had a terrible opening, and is still having steady sales. Even with a 10% increase, it won't be a million-seller first week...

It is for me.

The reception Uncharted 2 received will ensure a better FW for Uncharted 3. It won't be the sequel to a game. It will be the sequel to the GOTY 2009. Since the game was awesome, most people who bought the game (4.5 million so far) will want the sequel.

Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:

Uncharted 1-133k

Uncharted 2- 850k

It is for me.

The reception Uncharted 2 received will ensure a better FW for Uncharted 3. It won't be the sequel to a game. It will be the sequel to the GOTY 2009. Since the game was awesome, most people who bought the game (4.5 million so far) will want the sequel.

Depends on other factors. The highest rated game of the gen (and 2nd of all time) had worse sales for the sequel than its original.

And release date has a big impact-Release in the holidays and have better sales but compete against COD, Skyrim (and likely SS/Other massive Nintendo games) or release in the summer lull and get the sales from fans but not from casual people who only buy for Christmas presents?

I know this doesn't make much sense, but it's not that black and white, sadly...

First week; Gears 3, no doubt.

Lifetime; Gears 3 but not by a whole lot, I think Uncharted 3 may end up a mere 500k or so behind in lifetime sales and Zelda will be in the same venue.

I think that Gears 3 will have the highest opening week sales of the three and Syward Sword will have the strongest legs and will have the highest lifetime sales.