By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will sell most Week 1? Lifetime?

Which will sell most Week 1? Lifetime?

Skyward Sword (Week 1) 15 7.69%

Uncharted 3 (Week 1) 16 8.21%

Gears Of War 3 (Week 1) 88 45.13%

Skyward Sword (Lifetime) 37 18.97%

Uncharted 3 (Lifetime) 21 10.77%

Gears of War 3 (Lifetime) 18 9.23%

Total:195
Carl2291 said:
Conegamer said:

Elder Scrolls is 11/11/11, I expect the same thing for COD. And it's easy to push a game with no release date back...

All those games, bar Black Ops. were new entries, and bar UC, were very close in sales. Dead Space is too soon...

I suppose LBP2 and LBP is one, those are pretty damn close ATM

GT5 is another, falling behind GT4...

Halo:Reach is only just ahead, with a much bigger usebase...

It could go either way, depends on launch, of course

Does it matter if they're new entries or not? I don't think so... They're still sequels of high quality games lol.

And does it also really matter if they're close? No. lol. They are still selling more

LBP2 has sold 780,000 units in 3 Weeks, in January... Without Japan data. LBP sold 730k in 3 Weeks, in November... With Japan data. It's tracking above LBP so I don't understand what you're getting at with that.

GT5 is currently above GT4 by quite a bit, despite seling less this Week in comparison to GT4's Week.

Reach is still ahead of 3.

I'm still waiting for you to show me a big blockbuster game where the sequel has done less

OH SNAP!

In all seriousness, it may not sell more, but it also won't outsell it by a massive margin

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I don't think he's debating that sequels launch higher, Carl. That's kind of obvious in most of these cases.

Blockbuster sequels this generation that sold less/look to be selling less:

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Call of Duty: World at War

Guitar Hero IV

Bioshock 2

Fallout: New Vegas

Fable III

That's just to name a few.

Wagram said:

I have to go with Gears of War 3 for both but IMO Uncharted 3 is more deserving of both.

Wow, dude you havn't even played either ...

Pineapple said:

I don't think he's debating that sequels launch higher, Carl. That's kind of obvious in most of these cases.

Blockbuster sequels this generation that sold less/look to be selling less:

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Call of Duty: World at War

Guitar Hero IV

Bioshock 2

Fallout: New Vegas

Fable III

That's just to name a few.

RockBand 3 as well, let's not forget

And that is exactly right. But I think the condusion was because I said his FW prediction was off

Seece said:
Wagram said:

I have to go with Gears of War 3 for both but IMO Uncharted 3 is more deserving of both.

All down to a matter of taste in the end...

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Wagram said:

No it isn't. That's what your preference is, you can't say because you like a game better it deserves to sell more.

Can you stop replying to my posts please? Everything you say to me is wrong.

Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Wagram said:

No it isn't. That's what your preference is, you can't say because you like a game better it deserves to sell more.

So how does your post relate to it then? Surely you were only considering that since you thought one was better than the other, t was more deserving of the sales, or, at least, that's what it looks like.

If that's the case then opinion is opinion, different people like different things. And just by playing two games, it doesn't mean you know anything about how they should, or shouldn't, perform sales-wise.

So, IMO, nothing I said was wrong. I just should have elaborated more

Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Wagram said:

So how does your post relate to it then? Surely you were only considering that since you thought one was better than the other, t was more deserving of the sales, or, at least, that's what it looks like.

If that's the case then opinion is opinion, different people like different things. And just by playing two games, it doesn't mean you know anything about how they should, or shouldn't, perform sales-wise.

No, again wrong. (You're so good at being wrong) We have no idea how either game is going to turn out, which is going to be better ect. So saying you THINK one deserves to sell better is stupid. Want yes, not deserve.

Gears will sell better, does it deserve to sell better? yes, because a game deserves to sell what the game sells ... not based on whether you liek it better than something else or if you think the devs deserve it more.

Really, every post you've quoted of mine, you've completely failed to read correctly and made a completely wrong assumption.

Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Wagram said:

No, again wrong. (You're so good at being wrong) We have no idea how either game is going to turn out, which is going to be better ect. So saying you THINK one deserves to sell better is stupid. Want yes, not deserve.

Gears will sell better, does it deserve to sell better? yes, because a game deserves to sell what the game sells ... not based on whether you like it better than something else or if you think the devs deserve it more.

Really, every post you've quoted of mine, you've completely failed to read correctly and made a completely wrong assumption.

The issue is that your posts are easy to read in different ways, such as the highlighted section.

It's not I'm good at being wrong, I just interpret things differently to the way you expect me to...

The highlighted bit is a prime example. Does that mean that games such as Just Dance or Carnival games are multiple times better than, say, The Conduit or Red Steel 2?

Or are you saying that a game sells well because it's good?

Probably the latter, but sometimes, just sometimes, people may see things in your posts which aren't what you expect That doesn't mean I'm always wrong

Seece said:
Wagram said:

Did you happen to read my answer in my last post? I already answered this before....

Also it seems that people completely once against disregard that I posted IN MY OPINION. Which doesn't equal will happen or the world opinion. Get over it folks.